Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zoom advice needed please

I just downloaded and used Zoom for a virtual appointment. I downloaded the app but didn't have to use any FB credentials to log just the information my provider set up for the meeting.

Only issue I had with it was my provider could not see me, turns out video controls in my machine overrode any controls from the application. Usually I have the option for apps to access the camera turned off. Looks like I will have to turn it on for the next appointment. Plan to turn on just before and reset to off immediately afterward. I use MS Teams for other virtual meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by saguaro View Post
    I just downloaded and used Zoom for a virtual appointment. I downloaded the app but didn't have to use any FB credentials to log just the information my provider set up for the meeting.

Only issue I had with it was my provider could not see me, turns out video controls in my machine overrode any controls from the application. Usually I have the option for apps to access the camera turned off. Looks like I will have to turn it on for the next appointment. Plan to turn on just before and reset to off immediately afterward. I use MS Teams for other virtual meetings.
    You don't have to have FB credentials. The Facebook SDK (software development kit), is what is doing the nasty.

What about webinars using the "Go-to meeting" format? It looks as though it is using zoom as well. Is it any more secure?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Does it have a log in with facebook option? (the software that one uses to do that, is the problem)

Thread Information