Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hello Everyone, I have some questions for you all!

800 does sound high, but if it includes what you would be paying for property taxes, and maybe some things like cable, I don't know, use of pool--it sounds pretty good to me, for Portland?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    800 does sound high, but if it includes what you would be paying for property taxes, and maybe some things like cable, I don't know, use of pool--it sounds pretty good to me, for Portland?
    I believe taxes are extra. And probably that could be raised at any time; I'm not sure if homeowners could vote on any raises, as they often can in condo situations. I know of one nice park up in the hills east of here that sells mobile homes/lots.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I believe taxes are extra. And probably that could be raised at any time; I'm not sure if homeowners could vote on any raises, as they often can in condo situations. I know of one nice park up in the hills east of here that sells mobile homes/lots.
    Maybe better to own the lot and look for a coop type pool situation.

Maybe pools aren't a thing there, as it is cooler a lot?

My son lives in Portland but he's in the city. Housing is so crazy expensive he'll never be able to own.

Hi Tybee,

I am aware of some people who are exploring some sort of "co-op" situation where there is collective ownership of land and on that land, people will have various forms of housing (e.g. trailers, ADU-type housing, mobile homes, etc....but this would also comprise a community of sorts...could be promising though I'd need to explore it further. There's at least one FB group in Portland that's getting together interested people.

Very warmly, Mark N.

Thread Information