Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nova Scotia mass shooting 4/19/2020

Nova Scotia mass shooting 4/19/2020

It is really tragic!
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

What a terrible thing, so sorry.

This is so sad. I hate to say it, but I think it is only a matter of time before this happens again in the U.S. - especially with the reported increase in guns sales recently.

I really pray that I am wrong!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Horrible to see this happening in Canada. I hope this is a one off and that Canada does not become desensitized to such insane tragedy. Rob

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced a total ban on 1,500 models and variants of "military-grade assault weapons" in Canada, effective immediately. Trudeau remarked, Canadians deserve more than thoughts and prayers. Gun dealers will be able to return these weapons from their inventories to the manufacturers. Gun owners will have 2 years in which to dispose of all such weapons. Parliament will legislate "fair compensation" for gun owners.

Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland said, These guns make it easier to commit mass murder. The culture around their fetishization makes our country inherently more dangerous for the people most vulnerable, and that is women and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced a total ban on 1,500 models and variants of "military-grade assault weapons" in Canada, effective immediately.
    Has the Prime Minister provided a definition of "military-grade assault weapons"?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post

Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland said, These guns make it easier to commit mass murder. The culture around their fetishization makes our country inherently more dangerous for the people most vulnerable, and that is women and girls.
    How, exactly, are women and girls more vulnerable to bullets than the male of the species?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    How, exactly, are women and girls more vulnerable to bullets than the male of the species?
    Femicide is statistically significant. To say that bullets kill men equally well is a red herring. However, if that argument makes you feel better about it, who am I to question it?
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Glad Canada is taking positive action.

Thread Information