Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nova Scotia mass shooting 4/19/2020

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I looked at my scary rifle, it’s a smith and Wesson MP-15, I was worried it was a AR-15. Maybe I should paint it pink. Maybe it would make more sense to outlaw gangs.

Ive got some old Winchester’s that I inherited, I remember watching the rifleman when I was a kid. Lucas was able to fire the old lever action pretty rapidly. And rarely ran out of ammo.
    See, that's just it. You could use a rock or a log or fork as an assault weapon, all this talk of "assault weapons" is foolish if those who want to take yours away refuse to define them. What's the difference between a military grade rock and your standard garden pebble?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Femicide is statistically significant. To say that bullets kill men equally well is a red herring. However, if that argument makes you feel better about it, who am I to question it?
    Saying that female gun murders are statistically significant is not the same thing as saying that females are uniquely vulnerable or disproportionately affected. That simply amounts to pandering to a particular group.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    See, that's just it. You could use a rock or a log or fork as an assault weapon, all this talk of "assault weapons" is foolish if those who want to take yours away refuse to define them. What's the difference between a military grade rock and your standard garden pebble?
    You are absolutely correct that one could use a fork or log or rock. So why don't gun shooters use rocks or pebbles instead? Just think of the reduced news reporting on so many tragic stories of weapons accidentally discharged, group shootings, or horrible plans such as were carried out in NS.

I see that Alan and dmc will now be campaigning to remove all ammo and rifles and other guns from use and insisting on the use of rocks and pebbles instead because they are equal to guns. Way to go, guys!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    You are absolutely correct that one could use a fork or log or rock. So why don't gun shooters use rocks or pebbles instead? Just think of the reduced news reporting on so many tragic stories of weapons accidentally discharged, group shootings, or horrible plans such as were carried out in NS.

I see that Alan and dmc will now be campaigning to remove all ammo and rifles and other guns from use and insisting on the use of rocks and pebbles instead because they are equal to guns. Way to go, guys!
    You miss my point. What's the difference between your husbands weapons and an "assault weapon"? Should your husbands weapons have been declared illegal based upon their ability to be mis-used and he a criminal if he didn't voluntarily turn them in? Have we reached the point where we can't even ask the question?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

We went through all of this when Canada had a gun registry and we had to licence each of our guns renewing the licence every 5 years. Eventually the whole gun registry was abandoned for a number of reasons so I am being very tongue -in-cheek about the whole gun situation.

CBC did an article yesterday and I was amazed to find out how many of these guns there are in Canada legally. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ures-1.5553391

"Among the banned weapons are the M16, M4, AR-10 and AR-15 rifles that were used in mass shootings at Sandy Hook, New Zealand, Las Vegas and Orlando, Fla. There are an estimated 83,572 of them in Canada.

Also on the banned list is the Ruger Mini-14, a common gun in Canada. It was used in the École Polytechnique shooting. There are an estimated 16,859 of them in Canada.

The M14 rifle, used in the 2014 Moncton, N.B., murder of three RCMP officers and wounding of two others, is also expected to be banned. There are an estimated 5,229 of those in Canada."
    I know that we had a very old and a newer .22, a 306, a shotgun and an old collector's item with the mechanism missing. That was all we needed or wanted. I used the 22 a couple of times for an injured or rabid animal and DH hunted with the 306 and tried duck hunting with the shotgun. It was no hardship to dispose of them.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information