Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternatives to Paper Books

I should have added, when I'm weeding, stitching, walking and listening to a book, it is via my iPod.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    I should have added, when I'm weeding, stitching, walking and listening to a book, it is via my iPod.
    I thought an iPod was just for listening to music. What other things do you do with it? Is this older technology or is it updated?

I read tons of books on the kindle app on my iPhone. Have never used any other device. I hate reading from an actual book anymore - it’s too heavy and I can’t adjust lighting or text size.

I loved “Greenwood: A Novel”. Excellent book.

I have more books than I will ever read in my Kindle. I have a stand-alone device, but I like reading on my laptop best.
    Last edited by JaneV2.0; 4-22-20 at 2:20pm.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I thought an iPod was just for listening to music. What other things do you do with it? Is this older technology or is it updated?
    My iPod is just a few years old, and it updates all the time. There's an app on it simply called "Books." There is a "store" to shop in included in the app, I guess probably an Apple store. Have found everything I want on it.
    https://support.apple.com/guide/ipod...phc1af7c57/ios

I also listen to podcasts on it, and take photos when on my walks.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

There are iPods which are just for music.

iPod Touch is like an iPhone without the phone capability.

Getting someone’s old iPhone to use just for music or audio books is an option. A lot of people have older phones just sitting around.

Geila
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I've decided to hold off on this for now. Our delivery people are having a hard time keeping up and I'm trying to avoid adding to the problem. But it's good to know that the readers are more comfortable than the iPads; that had been my major concern. I would also like to check out the Barnes and Noble Nook in person if possible before I make my purchase. Has anyone tried a Nook?

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I've decided to hold off on this for now. Our delivery people are having a hard time keeping up and I'm trying to avoid adding to the problem. But it's good to know that the readers are more comfortable than the iPads; that had been my major concern. I would also like to check out the Barnes and Noble Nook in person if possible before I make my purchase. Has anyone tried a Nook?
    Something to consider with regards to Kindle vs Nook. Amazon is likely to be around a lot longer than B&N.

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Something to consider with regards to Kindle vs Nook. Amazon is likely to be around a lot longer than B&N.
    I know. But I just don't like Amazon's business model and would prefer to support B&N if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    And probably has a vastly larger selection of books available.

My sister gave me her old kindle and it’s awesome. And unlike the work iPad I used to have, it’s just as easy to read no matter the lighting. Even outside in direct sunlight.

Thread Information