Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: April Frugals - Covid-19 Edition

Went through my scuba stuff again to see what I might be able to sell. Found my very thin wetsuit, that I really only used in the pool. Sells for $385 new, posted for $160 including shipping.

That’s a great idea Tradd.

I really need some clothes. The lining came out my sneakers and they were very uncomfortable. I got a junk pair at Walmart for $9.98 which hopefully last until I can shop at a better store. Other than that I am wearing the same things over and over. Several besides the shoes have worn out, so I'm being frugal and getting my money's worth out of my shrinking wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I really need some clothes. The lining came out my sneakers and they were very uncomfortable. I got a junk pair at Walmart for $9.98 which hopefully last until I can shop at a better store. Other than that I am wearing the same things over and over. Several besides the shoes have worn out, so I'm being frugal and getting my money's worth out of my shrinking wardrobe.
    I got some items at Talbots last week for 50% off. I needed a couple of sweater twinsets and two pairs of pants to fill in the holes in my work wardrobe (I'd worked in jeans for years).

Yppej - take a look online at Zappos.com. They offer free returns. I've gotten shoes from them before and always had good luck.

I didn't think companies were taking returns since the virus lives on surfaces.

I didn't think companies were taking returns since the virus lives on surfaces.
    I forgot about that, but they've always offered free returns.

Their website doesn't indicate returns are not being allowed.

I checked out Zappos and the running shoes run $129.99 for the most part. I am usually in the $40 to $60 price range. But thank you anyways.

Also tried to order some jeans from Kohl's. Had all the details - brand, size, cut, rise - from a pair that fits well that I got there. But what should be an identical item has a hole in it on their website and I don't like that. Also when I try to select my size it won't let me. It's not that I don't want to pump money into the economy, I can't. I need bricks and mortar. I also need bras, down to 3 in rough shape, but definitely need to try those on as my weight has changed.

Also tried to order some jeans from Kohl's. Had all the details - brand, size, cut, rise - from a pair that fits well that I got there. But what should be an identical item has a hole in it on their website and I don't like that. Also when I try to select my size it won't let me. It's not that I don't want to pump money into the economy, I can't. I need bricks and mortar. I also need bras, down to 3 in rough shape, but definitely need to try those on as my weight has changed.
    When I have tried to enter my size and it won't let me, I think it is because that size is no longer available.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Been shopping for health ins to get me to medicare age (about 15 months) and finally bought one today. Not cheap but affordable, and I've seen far too many people go from healthy to huge medical bills very very quickly, esp. at my age. So a frugal overall. We bought a new battery and fan/heatsink for DH's laptop and he thinks he can put them in himself using youtube videos. I figure it can't hurt to try! Our big mower is down so he got one of the old push-mowers up and running, and we've been mowing in chunks until the big one is fixed. I have to say that having too much crap on hand has been useful this past few months, as I'm no longer working (retired before the option was removed), which resulted in a severance package, payout of vacation/sick leave, and am now done, with about a 50% pay cut (working vs retirement). I've been trying to cook, fix/repair/complete projects with stuff on hand, buying as little as possible. Inventoried and tidied the pantry cupboard so I know what tinned food I have, defrosted the freezer and inventoried, etc. - which should help with grocery buying. Bought a new seal for the freezer too, but we haven't put it on yet. Not looking forward to counting pennies, but also very much enjoying NOT going to work every morning!

Thread Information