Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New from MN

New from MN

Hello,

New to this forum but have read off and on for a few years! I am in my late 50's and finally in a position to start saving money. For sure a late start and I won't have the retirement some others may have, but I'm going to to the best with what I have.....try to be smart the last half of my life!
    I am a long time minimalist and have toyed with the idea of van life, mostly due to lack of finances but also part adventure and seeing places in the US. However, I have pretty much decided against it, but will buy a vehicle that has live in potential just to keep that option open. I now plan on saving and hoping to have a decent down payment on a house. I don't have much savings but can now save a decent amount of money every month. (hopefully with everything going on in the world now I'll be able to continue).
    Anyway, I will probably post for advice at some point but just wanted to introduce myself.

Jeanie

Welcome Jeanie! Lots of wonderful helpful folks here to support you on your journey to achieving your goals. Congratulations on a lifetime of minimalism-one habit adjustment you will NOT have to consider

from Ontario. Simple living is a journey that many have followed to find satisfaction and needs met. Lots of good ideas to explore in earlier threads and feel free to ask questions for diverse viewpoints from which you can find a resolution that fits your unique needs.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Welcome Jeannie!

Welcome from Saint Paul!

I started my SL journey not many years before 50, though I think I've always had those tendencies and didn't know it had a name. There's room for all kinds of simple living here, so please take a look around and join in on some conversations!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Hi, simplejeanie!

I'm a financial late bloomer, too, but I believe there's hope for both of us! We have GREAT role models on this forum.

Please feel free to share your questions and experiences.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Welcome, Jeanie!

Are you hearing the spring peepers yet? I slid open the patio door last night, and I distinctly heard some kind of frogs at it. Soon they will be "drowned" acoustically by the spring peepers.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I appreciate it!

@SteveinMN- I am down in Roch

@dado potato- A little bit of the birdies but that's about it! I love to open my window and listen to them sing :-)

Yppej
    Welcome! I am of your generation too and hope to learn from you.

Welcome, Jeanie! I look forward to hearing more from you.

Thread Information