Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Disinfectant and light to treat Coronavirus patients?

That was priceless to watch on a rainy, cool, windy day Thanks for posting.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    That was priceless to watch on a rainy, cool, windy day Thanks for posting.
    I think you're sending the rain my way this afternoon.. It was a beautiful day yesterday, so I'm OK with a little rain today. Hope all is well up there in your parts!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Even if there was a study somewhere that suggested this or that might work (and a study would be just that), and that might be closer to what he said although I'm not sure any such research even exists, using a speech to point to some long shot, well maybe this could work, isn't a good use of anyone's time. If there was any chance something could work it would be being tried, much is. What we want, and can't get from national level politicians, is actual policy to deal with the crisis. That's the job. His speeches provide no value and they might as well stop.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I think you're sending the rain my way this afternoon.. It was a beautiful day yesterday, so I'm OK with a little rain today. Hope all is well up there in your parts!
    Yesterday was lovely for hanging out laundry and going for a long walk.

Cool rainy days motivate me to do some cooking so looking at this recipe:
    https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/...e-oat-muffins/ as a health remedy, of course.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

In normal times I would secretly welcome the advent of Darwin’s law on anyone who injects a little Clorox into their veins and dies a quick and painless death. But I know that is a theoretical impossibility.

What really happens is that someone like that would use up scarce healthcare resources, would be in pain and possibly long-term impairment that might require taxpayer’s dime to support, and might even take innocents along with him such as children or animals.

It is always an unhappy thought when the practical mundane overtakes my theoretical imaginings.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    In normal times I would secretly welcome the advent of Darwins law on anyone who injects a little Clorox into their veins and dies a quick and painless death. But I know that is a theoretical impossibility.

What really happens is that someone like that would use up scarce healthcare resources, would be in pain and possibly long-term impairment that would require taxpayer’s dime to support, and might even take innocents along with him such as children or animals.

It is always an unhappy thought when the practical mundane overtakes my theoretical imaginings.
    So true. My brother sucks up VA resources, even though he was in the Army for only a few months before they gave him an discharge because of severe alcoholism. He's 62 and still alive and well in a beautiful apartment funded by you (To IL and all of us here who pay taxes--thanks, guys!). He hasn't worked in decades. But he did serve and he's a nice guy, and he's my brother. I think the philosophies of utilitarianism and Darwinism have their downsides.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    In normal times I would secretly welcome the advent of Darwin’s law on anyone who injects a little Clorox into their veins and dies a quick and painless death. But I know that is a theoretical impossibility.

What really happens is that someone like that would use up scarce healthcare resources, would be in pain and possibly long-term impairment that might require taxpayer’s dime to support, and might even take innocents along with him such as children or animals.
    Sorry but I simply cannot resist the temptation; are you, dear IL, indicating that you believe that a Trump/MAGA supporter might actually do this?
    OK, I will now head north with my head hanging in shame for allowing myself to be so tempted

Time to walk the dog in penance.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Sorry but I simply cannot resist the temptation; are you, dear IL, indicating that you believe that a Trump/MAGA supporter might actually do this?
    OK, I will now head north with my head hanging in shame for allowing myself to be so tempted

Time to walk the dog in penance.
    I’ve never disputed the stupidity of some of my fellow citizens regardless of which lever they pull in the voting booth.

Remember a guy died from drinking fish cleaner after listening to trump. The video was hilarious!

"What about this? Say we miniaturize a small group of scientists--they could be doctors, maybe--and put them in an itty-bitty space ship, and inject them into a vein or something. They would have a tiny--but powerful UV ray--and they could zip around shining it on all the COVID-19 cells...Just off the top of my hair nest."

Thread Information