Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Any change to future emergency preps?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'm with you. This isn't hard for me; I'll wait to see how it develops.
    The only tricky thing is I was just developing a relationship with a very nice person in January, who alas lives on a different island.

We came up with some schemes for remote date-nights during The Recent Disaster Event - watching movies we started at the same time while MST3K-commenting on them via texts, joint Skype cooking projects, and so on. And after a suitably-long quarantine period, we have recently virtually "joined" our two households as one contagion-unit, so visits between our homes are possible, if managed carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    The only tricky thing is I was just developing a relationship with a very nice person in January, who alas lives on a different island.

We came up with some schemes for remote date-nights during The Recent Disaster Event - watching movies we started at the same time while MST3K-commenting on them via texts, joint Skype cooking projects, and so on. And after a suitably-long quarantine period, we have recently virtually "joined" our two households as one contagion-unit, so visits between our homes are possible, if managed carefully.
    That scene in When Harry Met Sally when they are both split-screen in their own beds watching Casablanca together comes to mind. So romantic.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post

Where there's a will, there's a way. I believe this scourge will change us, make us more creative and more resilient.

Yppej
    Yes flowerseverywhere, lots of seniors out and about. The local traffic reports feature backups around supermarkets during senior hours. There is no longer a rush hour for commuters. My mother is one of these. She has been to 3 stores so far this week. She will not let me or my brother go for her, but insists on shopping herself. She said she had planned on hitting sales at 3 additional stores so she thinks she is being good. I think senior hours and masks have given people a false sense of safety.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Nice for you Bae. Three recent widows I know have done he same. They are terribly lonely and getting together yet staying safely apart to watch a movie, talk or eat their brown bag lunches has eased a lot of their kids worry. We all have social needs.

Florida partially opens up Monday, although I gotta say every week people have become way less quarantined. We’ve decided to proceed as usual and see how it plays out. We don’t have to go anywhere so why put others at risk.

We don’t use senior hours as they are more crowded than normal. Y, I have a friend like your mom who is in stores every day and said she is being careful. Ugh!

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    My yoga instructors are doing zoom meetings. He said classes will probably not resume until September. Today the instructor signed off with something like the following in regards to the virus and social distancing. :

You only have one chance at life. You can’t afford to make a mistake.

Thread Information