Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cashmere

I've eliminated 100% wool and cashmere, save for one sweater, because I've lost too many items to voracious moths. Too bad, because I like both.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I once washed SO's cashmere sweater. After that it was way too small for him. I now have a lovely cashmere sweater that fits me great!
    That's using the old smarticles.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I've eliminated 100% wool and cashmere, save for one sweater, because I've lost too many items to voracious moths. Too bad, because I like both.
    I've had cedar in my closets since I was 10. No wool issues. When we bought this housein 1991, as soon as we had cash, hubster and I spent a day putting cedar in our bedroom closets and linen closet.

I've actually never seen a moth hole!

Easy enough to buy a strip of cedar and simply lay it against the wall in a closet. It doesn't take alot!

That's a good idea about the cedar. We had a cedar closet growing up but I never thought how easy it would be to make one. I also had a cedar chest.

IL, I love cashmere. If I ever lose this dumb weight, the first thing I will buy is a new cashmere sweater.

I just wash mine in the bathtub and reshape and dry them on towels. I did that all through college, it's no big deal.

I found my 2 cashmere sweaters and they still fit despite shrinkage amazingly enough. So I'll keep, although they will do me no good now as we go into summer. But still doubt I'd bother buying cashmere again, too fiddly.
    Trees don't grow on money

I can't even think of cashmere without recalling the hilarious Seinfeld episode...but I digress.

Thread Information