Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preparedness/Homesteading Books

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I'd happily take them :-) (Foxfire, I think, I always swap the name around too.)
    oh right! Sadly, they are DH’s books and he would not dream of letting go of them even though he hasn’t touched them and every library of size has a set.

It was cute that one of the Foxfire volumes was sitting on the table of our Hermann house when it was for sale and we first toured it. There’s something about that house that inspires ideas of cottage, self-sufficiency, gods little acre, etc.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    Definitely second Practical Self Reliance.

Additionally, The Prepper's Cookbook by Tess Pennington is pretty cool. More about what to actually do with the food you've stocked up if you need to, but valuable nonetheless (maybe more as a "prep item" in itself).
    thanks for Tess Pennington recommendation. Her website has lots of good info and links too.

I just ordered this one. It's an oldie, but looks good. I'm not in position to implement yet, but considering for the future.

https://www.amazon.com/Have-More-Pla.../dp/0882660241

Love this site, but most of the links no longer seem to be working. There are some good ones, though. Thanks for posting.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Came across this website manual when looking up the toxicity of black locust seeds: https://www.survival-manual.com/index.php
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Came across this website manual when looking up the toxicity of black locust seeds: https://www.survival-manual.com/index.php
    Thanks!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information