Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Doing better.....

It’s based on 2020, so get that income below the 150k this year for the full amount,
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/advisor.../#4379682d5ea8

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    what? It is a rebate on 2020 taxes? I dont know what to think about that. I think I will NOT think about it, I am tired of living my life to maximize tax breaks. Our income bounces around...low in 2018...high in 2019...middle in 2020.
    If it's a rebate on 2020 taxes, why are non- filers getting the $1,200 too, given that they don't pay taxes? It's also considered non-taxable money so I've read. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Steve: I had done some closet culling and offered up a few items on our local FB giving page. It took a little more effort than a drop off at a thrift store, but definitely felt more gratifying. It also gave me a little bit of a social feel-good something that's a little harder to come by these days, although the interactions were online and a wave out the window. Just a thought.
    DH left his part-time job at the end of March since we are high-risk, and we decided the exposure wasn't worth it. He also said if we're going to die, he would rather be home with me for the last part of our lives. I agree and although I deplore the circumstances, we are pretty contented here at home.
    Your husband sounds like a keeper.....depressing words but given the circumstances, very beautiful and kind. Rob

I believe the stimulus is an advance on a tax break. I’m told our refund for next year won’t change.

Rosa, one of my friends, over 70 years old, has a hisband who works part time st a grocery store. He is no younger than she is. She begged him to stop. He will not.

she says she has him Strip down when he walks in the door every day, and she put his clothes in the washing machine. She wiped down the soles of his shoes. She won’t get close to him.

I don’t get the thinking, I just don’t. They are not in real need of the money, she says. Their property is pretty fancy so if they have to work jobs to keep it up I would say they made some choices that are not choices I would make

I suppose some people, for some reason, just like to work.

I would understand if you were making art or scientific discoveries, or something--but stocking shelves?

Purportedly, it's a social thing. Or maybe habit. But when you're playing Russian roulette with your health, it's even less understandable to me.

IL, we both qualify for the full amount of stimulus checks but do not have the money. When I log into the IRS site there is no place for me to input direct deposit info. We have not filed 2019 but did file 2018 - we do not generally get a federal refund, we owe just a bit. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. We could use the money but it's not imperative, so waiting will not kill us, but I'm confused as to why we can't put our bank info into the IRS site.

My husband cannot wait to get back to his volunteering at Habitat and to build wheelchair ramps for another group. But it is 95% outside, they will wear masks and do not work in huge groups on his projects. Wont be until June at earliest. He needs it for social interaction and physical work. His work is all outside the house envelope so even better.

Interesting development. I was out and about picking up meds for my Mother when a reporter from Channel 12 news aporoached me and asked if I was open to answering some questions regarding the lockdown extension. I may be on the Channel 12 news tonight and without even thinking I answered honestly and said kind things about the Governor (a Republican). I hope I don't pay for this socially in the neighborhood should I make the cut and get on TV. We'll see. Regardless, I stand by my kind comments regarding the Governor. Rob

Should have been approached above. Rob

Thread Information