Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What would it take?

I like flying because it gets me there quickly, but I prefer road trips when I have the time, as I love seeing the landscapes of our beautiful country. So much gorgeous scenery, although we tend to extend the road trips to see more scenery, and we end up taking three times the time Google maps says it is supposed to take.

In our road trips, we don't have a destination which must be reached, rather we have a turn around point where we begin our journey back home, and always by a different path. That gives us the ability to make each travel day an adventure where we find something interesting to see and do, more often than not sticking around for several days at each stop. You miss so much trying to reach a destination.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    In our road trips, we don't have a destination which must be reached, rather we have a turn around point where we begin our journey back home, and always by a different path. That gives us the ability to make each travel day an adventure where we find something interesting to see and do, more often than not sticking around for several days at each stop. You miss so much trying to reach a destination.

We've lived here 41 years. We are out of those roads long ago.......the rural west is far different from the East.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    ”...tiny prop plane...”

shoot me now, before I ever have to be scared out of my wits being in such a small flying machine.
    Same here!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    We've lived here 41 years. We are out of those roads long ago.......the rural west is far different from the East. [/LEFT]
    The rural west is our favorite turn around point, every trip through Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, etc., reveals new wonders.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    The rural west is our favorite turn around point, every trip through Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, etc., reveals new wonders.
    My bucket list dream trip is to take the train from Chicago to Portland, Oregon.

Thread Information