Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cordcutting streaming services

No cable. No pay-streaming services. Have a 1st generation Fire stick and was gifted a Roku stick for Christmas. Mostly watch tv and movies on Pluto, Crackle and IMDb, and a couple of free sports apps. Between those and the internet, there is plenty to watch.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Hope everyone knows about free streaming services like Hoopla and Kanopy. You access them with your public library card. I've found them to be excellent, offering a wide range of all types of films for every taste, for every age group.

Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post
    Hope everyone knows about free streaming services like Hoopla and Kanopy. You access them with your public library card. I've found them to be excellent, offering a wide range of all types of films for every taste, for every age group.
    I've never heard of these, but will definitely check into them. Thanks for posting.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I've never heard of these, but will definitely check into them. Thanks for posting.
    Thank you, I forgot about Kanopy through the library--I have used it and found obscure movies there through the library. Thanks for the reminder!

suppose.tv

Neat tool to put in your "must-haves" and see what streaming packages will meet your needs.

A good friend has YouTube TV and it seems like an expensive service for what you're getting.

Their key reason for getting it was sports access. At $65/mon, I feel like you could pickup the particular sport you enjoy and stream it directly but if you've got a lot of them to cover... it might be most efficient.

Just switched today from fubotv.com to hulu.com. fubo said it had ESPN then took it away and did not have ABC. DH is into sports and thinks hulu is the way to go at $54.99/mo.

Thread Information