Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: May Purge

Re-organized the pantry shelves in garage, next to our back door. Toss outdated food stuffs. We waste way too much food. In front of the shelves had lots of smaller boxes dw was saving for? I nested a bunch together and broke down A LOT. Especially seems dw and dd order so much online, we will always have a fresh bunch of boxes coming in for gifts and the like. Freed up a whole shelf which allowed me to organize all our canned foods, and boxed dry goods. Looks very good. I must admit I had to go out in the garage a few times just to stand and admire keen organizational skills! Such pleasure in the simple things. All the canned foods organized, labels are turned the same way and cans faced to the front. I should have taken before/after pictures.

Sometimes my husband buys food we don’t need. I donate it.

Sold a guitar on Craigslist; need to find a home for another guitar, sewing machine, and a violin. Hoping I can move these three items along. Husband put another bench saw on the list.

Yppej
    A picture frame I couldn't get clean and a few photos, a booklet of recommended services for my car. It ends at 90,000 miles and I am now at 108,000. I do have other booklets that go higher - don't know why the dealership gave me so much redundant information.

Sold another guitar, hooray

That’s great Tybee. I have a big Pyrex baking pan that’s too heavy when full of a casserole. So I gave it to a friend and bought a lighter metal one.

I'm having that dilemma with cast iron frying pans, Terry! No way I can lift them anymore, although maybe it's just what I need, weightlifting with frying pans.

I have been afraid that I was going to drop our meal on the floor). Opening the French doors on the refrigerator is hard while holding it. Getting old isn’t fun.

Husband got rid of two families worth of cardboard to our recycling facility today. It is not too far from our home and they will remove from car/truck without having to get out of vehicle. I had an ironing board delivered and of course it was in a huge box and a shower stool again a big box.

Well, here I’m running out of things I thought I would never run out of: old T-shirts to wear for gardening. I can’t go to the the thrift store to pick up more.

I had to toss all of my favorite v-neck T-shirts because they are V-neck. I have rosacea on my chest and I need to protect it from the sun now, so I need crewneck T-shirts. I don’t like crewneck but I gotta to do what I gotta do.

So, surreptitiously over the last few years I’ve been taking a T-shirt or two from DH and disposing of it because he never throws anything away and he had a constant stream of new, free, T-shirts that I now have stopped coming into our house. I want to appropriate 3 T-shirts for myself but he hasn’t many left! I don’t know if he’s gonna let me have 3.

Oh, the irony.

Thread Information