Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: May Purge

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    It is. I just checked though and the other door is NOT the same since someone already stripped it and it's not as pretty. But it's still usuable.

Which is that slippery slope to Hoarderville.
    Four blocks from my house is an architectural remnant Place where I dump all my stuff like this. I let them store it And in the very unlikely case where I will need it in the future, I will buy it back from them for a few bucks.

Sold two fishing poles with reels yesterday. I dislike Facebook, but have to say I like the Marketplaces on there. It's been a good way to continue to declutter and pick up a couple of bucks along the way.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I love our local FB give away site. I have someone coming to pick up four books this week, and tomorrow I'll draw random names for the several people who want a bird feeder and wine glass holders that have been gathering dust in my shed.

Still planning a yard sale; governor just extended stay at home order through June 12, so that will delay the yard sale. Very discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I love our local FB give away site. I have someone coming to pick up four books this week, and tomorrow I'll draw random names for the several people who want a bird feeder and wine glass holders that have been gathering dust in my shed.
    Yes, Freecycle is a similar type of site. Not sure if you have one where you are, but I've given away a lot of stuff on it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I took 4 boxes of books to the dump today. Makes me sad, but they. Have to go.

UGG, the quantity of frozen vegetables and fruits in my deep freeze making me nuts.

Yesterday I thought I would take several tubs of frozen items and use them up. I took cherries, always my favorite thing to deal with, I made cherry oatmeal cookies with some leftover cherry filling for another dessert.

I also put cherries in my chicken salad along with pecans and that was a gourmet treats I love that!

I set aside peaches because I will probably turn those into a dessert along with the cherries, probably have cherry-peach bars. And then there’s the frozen zucchini. Oh dear God the frozen zucchini.

I have already had a come to Jesus meeting with DH about frozen zucchini, and there will be no more of it.

But I need to deal with what’s in the freezer and I took a container out thinking fine I will make zucchini bread. So after melting it down I find I have less than one cup. I need at least 2 cups for this recipe. So I go downstairs to the deep freeze and rummage around and pull up two containers of things that are caked with ice, hard to know what they are because one of them is not marked but they’re vaguely green so I bring them upstairsM melt them down yes, zucchini.

So after this hour long side trip I guess I now have enough to make a batch of zucchini bread. But a lot of trouble.

The only reason I make this stuff is because DH likes desserts and he eats them, and his weight is under control so he gets them. Yesterday I ate too much oatmeal cookie batter and felt sick. I’m not an anti-sugar person but on the other hand I don’t eat a ton of it so when I do yuck yuck yuck.

"I have already had a come to Jesus meeting with DH about frozen zucchini, and there will be no more of it."
    One of my favorite lines ever.

Took a box of stuff to Goodwill. Was going to put it in the garage sale but I really, really needed to get something out of the house to get things rolling.

Thread Information