Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: May Purge

When we bought this place I wanted to tear down the shed and all my husband could see was storage space)

Yppej
    Finally threw out 13 items of old clothing and what did I find underneath but my old unemployment insurance password. Good to have in case I ever need it again. Now if only I knew the username!

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    We cleaned out our closets and I kept the old clothes. I am researching old clothes on Pinterest and will examine if any can be repurposed before sending to the thrift store. People post many clever ideas.

Yppej
    I was looking for an old photo and ran across a picture of the Obamas and Bidens I had gotten, either for canvassing for Obama or maybe I donated to his campaign the first time he ran. Into the trash that went because of Biden, whose pitiful response to Clarence Thomas now makes sense in light of what he himself did to Tara Reed.

All our local donation centers are closed due to the virus. It took the wind out of my sails for some major purging this month. I have several boxes already in the garage that I took down to donate only to learn they had closed. We also have a large "donation" box in the garage where we toss stuff that can be donated, it too is over flowing. I am tempted to take it to the dump, but there are some good re-sale items. So I will wait. Some stores will be re-opening at the end of the week, hopefully that will include donation centers.

My husband put a bandsaw and a tiller on Craigslist and got rid of them both in one day!! He had to drive 80 mile roundtrip to meet the guy for the bandsaw, but the bandsaw guy drove all the way down from the UP and originally asked husband to meet him at the Mackinaw Bridge and I nixed that. Both of these items are enormous and heavy and I have no idea how he even got them into the truck. Sometimes I think he has superhuman powers.

Big donation boxes are unmanned so Greg you can put stuff to donate in them.

Since being home, have sold a couple things on facebook marketplace (only thing that GOT me on facebook! LOL). Have a few more listed, but seems to have stalled. Also slowly filling the donation box, but since it hasn't left the house.... unofficial purge?? lol.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I just found out via NextDoor that our little resale shop in town is open and accepting donations! Going to load 3 boxes full into my car now.

When I drove by St. Vinnie's today I saw lots of cars there, maybe it has re-opened? I don't know of any donation boxes in our area. I think they had issues with people either using it to dump trash or people were stealing from them...

Thread Information