Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is COVID exposing a "weak, sniveling" culture?

I feel so sorry for my mominlaw. TV receiver box went out, (Xfinity). Called Sunday and they are mailing another box. Called today and it was delayed due to covid should be here Monday. She is alone with pretty much TV and books for entertainment. Offered to have her come up her tomorrow and binge TV, get meals, etc. She said no. Oh, well. Cannot kidnap her Guess I should not feel so sorry for her.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

Today the wifi Tech Came to fix it i and found that pieces of cable were missing in the outside connections.

The thug contingent, always an enterprising group of lads, were cutting wires to steal the copper.
    Can you plant poison ivy around it?

Yppej
    It's not just people who can be weak and sniveling, but institutions. Pandemics have been predicted for a long time but health care executives put their money into shareholder profits and exorbitant executive compensation and fancy building projects and concierge services to attract patients for elective procedures. They could have been buying PPE. Now they want the government to rescue them, not only with supplies, but with financial bailouts.

It's curious that businesses that preach the value of having emergency funds and saving money and paying the bills on time make billions of dollars and pay almost no taxes on it -- and can't go more than a couple-three weeks without looking for a bailout...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Born in L.A.-NYC 2nd Home-Rustbelt is home base
    OP...maybe. Definitely not like the old timers.

additons 1903.jpg

Here are how they lived in the dust bowl era.

<font face="Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif">

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Can you plant poison ivy around it?
    the thievery didnt take place on my land. I don’t know exactly where it did take place, someplace between our box at the alley and the relay station.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    men and their obsession with their hardness all the time ...
    LOL. All I'm going to say here. LOL. Rob

Thread Information