Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So where do you stand?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

So where do you stand?

Open it up all at once, open it up in phases, or keep it locked down longer? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Open it up all at once, open it up in phases, or keep it locked down longer? Rob
    Too simplistic. One size does not fit all, and the three methods you describe above could all apply at the same time to a region.

Yes, it's difficult to state one way or the other. For instance, here in WA, we have regions/areas that are very rural and virtually untouched by the virus, then we have Seattle. Some of those areas may open earlier, in the phases the guv has drawn up. I assume some states are the same. At any rate, they should not open up (IMO) until the curve is flattened for the area. And maybe even then give it a few weeks.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Open up in phases as warranted. Chicago is hit so hard that other places should open before they do.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Too simplistic. One size does not fit all, and the three methods you describe above could all apply at the same time to a region.
    +1

test, trace, isolate, see cases going down (a bit complex as testing is unreliable) and also have adequate PPE, medical equipment to handle a surge. Only then open up.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Our governor in Oregon has extended the lockdown until July 6. We don't mind and have decided that this is our life for a long time. But this is very difficult for workers and businesses. Agree with ApatheticNoMore.

I will be staying close to home for quite some time no matter what the decision is. There is a part of me that would love for it to open so those that are chomping at the bit can get back at it and see that "it" is no longer there. The people who take their health seriously will continue to do so. The people who are more driven by financial considerations will be able to see what the new world is going to look like very quickly. I am tired of the ugly debates. I think a lot of business owners are going to be surprised.

Issue advisories, leave decisions at the municipal or county level. In New England counties don't do anything except courts, jails and deeds so it should be the cities and towns who decide.

I see all sides of this. One size does not fit all. Rural northwest is not the same as NYC. Yet it is just as important for a town of 60 people to be super careful just like NYC or Rome.

As an operating room RN with a great deal of background in infection control...........this is what I see. And yes it is generalization, but as little as I am out/about, I see it all!

1. People don't wear a mask properly.
    2. People don't use gloves properly.
    3. People don't take off a mask properly.
    4. People don't understand "do not touch".
    5. People don't understand transfer of contaminate.

We need a ton of education AND people need to care enough to learn. I've done a lot of coaching including my husband. I hear "I hadn't thought of that" when I observe something he's done that is not as safe as it could be.

The public needs to take this very seriously in order to protect self/family. Right now, opening up is going to seriously spike infections. I have no doubt.

And oh would I love to be wrong!!!!

I plan on the remainder of this year being spent at home/cabin. I will get on a plane only for an urgent/emergent family reason. I don't have parents or children to protect and hubster and I agree that family comes first.

I have a friend here who has reopened her business to the public (it's been online/phone/curbside/ship until now). She has about 8000sf. Door is locked. 12 customers max. Must wear mask. No gloves allowed. Must use hand sanitizer after entry-observed by staff letting them in. I think it's a sound plan and I gave her my support in that plan.

I would go in her shop. Better control than the grocery store for sure!

I do really miss eating out. We may patio dine on a no breeze day when it becomes available. I'm still thinking about this-the risk comes from handling in the kitchen and we never see that anyway right?

I'm interested in other perspectives so I hope this thread continues.

Thread Information