Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone read "Hiding in Plain Sight" (about Trump?)

Anyone read "Hiding in Plain Sight" (about Trump?)

I'm not asking anyone's opinion. I ordered it from Amazon and when it came, the cover appeared very dirty. It sort of creeped me out, so I decided to send it back for a replacement. Well, the replacement came today and it's dirty too......but in the same places as the first one. Then I looked at the picture of it in Amazon more closely, and you can sort of see the dirt there too. One reviewer even complained about it and sent it back. I'm wondering if these "smudges" on the cover are intentional.......sort of like "Trump is dirty", or something like that.
    For some strange reason, there is no place on Amazon to ask questions about this book. There are reviews, but no place for questions. The Amazon guy I talked to on their Chat said that if it's not sold by Amazon, they don't offer a Questions section. How strange. Anyhow........so all I'm trying to figure out if any of you have this book, does the cover have smudges on it, front and back and even inside the front cover?

Thanks.

Is it actual dirt that you could rub off?

I have not seen the book. Have any other reviewers on amazon's site commented about this? Maybe post a question in the question section on the book's page asking if anyone else had this happen to them.

Looks intentional. (1000 x 1000 pixel image on Macmillan Web site)
    Last edited by SteveinMN; 5-9-20 at 8:32am. Reason: correct spelling of publisher's name
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Looks intentional. (1000 x 1000 pixel image on MacMillan Web site)
    It does, doesn’t it? I looked at the cover online but didn’t blow it up to really see the “dirt.”

I figure if Macmillan (no intercap; now corrected) is publishing the book, they could find a "clean" cover if it was meant to be that way.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

The cover "dirt" is plainly visible in my library's illustration. It looks like a feature, not a bug.

LOL.....now I feel bad for returning it. Seems like a very strange thing to do intentionally. I wonder if the printer of the cover noticed it after thousands were made, but decided it wasn't worth trashing them all? Maybe as I read the book, it will say something about it.
    jp1........I asked someone on the Amazon customer service chat and he/she said that if the item isn't sold by Amazon, they don't include a questions section. That's curious too.

The replacement had about the same placement of the "dirt".

Here's a pic of the outside front cover and the outside back cover that I sent to Amazon, for the replacement. On person "reviewed" the book, but gave it a poor rating because of the "dirt" on his book. He got chastised for putting a bad rating because of only rating the dirt on the cover.....but there's no other way of bringing it to anyone's attention there (no questions area). Sorry....I'm just OCD about figuring some things out. Or maybe "anal" is the better word?? Sorry if there's a 3rd sideways pic. For some reason couldn't delete it.

IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4379 Hiding.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, the title talks about erosion. I think it’s meant to show that concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Yes, the title talks about erosion. I think it’s meant to show that concept.
    Thanks Tammy.....that makes sense! I haven't started to read it yet, but soon.......
    I wonder if the book will self-destruct after I read the last page?

Thread Information