Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Please explain this to me

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Hunh! Ok then.

You get free Wi-Fi in the airports I’ve been in, in recent years. certainly many years ago that wasn’t the case tho.
    Yeah, true, wi-fi is no big deal anymore, but it used to be, and it was also nice that I could just open my computer and go. No signing in to different 3rd party wi-fi sites in every airport.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I have another airplane question: what does “airplane mode” on my IPad device really do?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I have another airplane question: what does “airplane mode” on my IPad device really do?
    It turns off all wireless communications capabilities such as bluetooth, WiFi and cellular.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It turns off all wireless communications capabilities such as bluetooth, WiFi and cellular.
    Yes, although you can turn wifi back on so that you can use the airplane's wifi. If you want full internet it's absurdly expensive unless you are traveling for work and can charge it to your expense account, but a number of airlines allow free texting over apps like iMessage.

We flew business class thru Toronto to Japan and then flew bus class to Paris. The lounges were spectacular especially Paris. As expected the food was amazing and constantly refreshed. I do search for the lowest airfare and, if you can find one, a good travel agent is a blessing (although I do my own). Dont care much for US lounges as they do not seem to have the same level of quality as overseas (just like the flights).

I do not think anyone really needs first class unless they are a celebrity and really need the total privacy. Business was comfortable enough that I slept almost all the way back from Japan. I did take my own pillow which I do most anywhere.

Today I am not comfortable making concrete travel arrangements due to the constant shifting sands of Covid. Not sure if we will travel overseas until 2023, if then.

seatguru.com gives really good info on the airline seats with comfort levels and arrangements. Also says which ones are bad and which are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    We flew business class thru Toronto to Japan and then flew bus class to Paris. The lounges were spectacular especially Paris. As expected the food was amazing and constantly refreshed. I do search for the lowest airfare and, if you can find one, a good travel agent is a blessing (although I do my own). Dont care much for US lounges as they do not seem to have the same level of quality as overseas (just like the flights).

I do not think anyone really needs first class unless they are a celebrity and really need the total privacy. Business was comfortable enough that I slept almost all the way back from Japan. I did take my own pillow which I do most anywhere.

Today I am not comfortable making concrete travel arrangements due to the constant shifting sands of Covid. Not sure if we will travel overseas until 2023, if then.
    The best flight I've ever had was in business class on Japan's airline, ANA, from JFK to Tokyo. My pictures didn't capture the look of the seats, so here is an article that pretty much shows where I spent half a day in luxury up in the air. https://www.godsavethepoints.com/rev...00er-the-room/

Attached is a picture of the menu and food.

I agree, sweetana, many of the non-US airlines are far superior when it comes to business class.

IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    seatguru.com gives really good info on the airline seats with comfort levels and arrangements. Also says which ones are bad and which are the best.
    That could be a very useful tool for me if I ever fly long-distance again.

Hereís my question for the day: why donít grocery stores package grapes in smaller packages? All those giant packages seem to have two or 3 pounds worth of grapes.

Only in recent years the DH show me that you can open one of those packages get a baggie and put your own smaller amount of grapes in them. But then the checker doesnít know which grape youíve got so you have to tell them.

I just donít believe that people buy those giant bags of grapes.

Please explain this to me. Why does my city say if you don't wear a mask in a municipal building you will be fined $300 but when I report two city employees in city hall not wearing masks they are not fined but just spoken to? Why does a poor person living in public housing where masks are mandated in hallways and other common areas have to pay a fine but the city employees who are the highest paid residents in the city not have to pay?

And why do police reform efforts not tackle cops fixing tickets for themselves and their friends?

Why do governors order mask mandates including outdoors in the woods walking by yourself yet indoors at news conferences take off their own masks so they will look good on TV?

Why are the people who govern us so pathetic?

Thread Information