Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Please explain this to me

Please explain this to me

Let this be a thread where the common sense of others will shed light on our questions.

This is not a rant thread and we don’t get to make accusations about the actions of other people necessarily, these are sincere questions here. Thank you.

Golf shoes.

They have spikes on the bottom. Why is that, to aerate the soil?

Would these shoes be any good on ice?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Golf shoes.

I believe it's to provide a more stable stance, less chance of slipping.

I would think not, the spikes are more like rubber cleats these days and I doubt they'd grip the ice, probably the opposite effect.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Golf shoes.

I've tried, but I found ice skates worked better, I achieved higher speed, was able to turn better, and my slap shots were superior.

Yppej
    If (cloth or other) masks protect you against Covid-19 why can't people put on a mask, going into the ICU, and say goodbye to their loved ones dying of coronavirus? If masks don't protect why the legal mandates, store requirements, and social pressure to wear one? Is it just a way for people to feel they can do something in a situation where they are largely helpless, or a way to justify going out in public when they should not because they are restless stuck at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    If (cloth or other) masks protect you against Covid-19 why can't people put on a mask, going into the ICU, and say goodbye to their loved ones dying of coronavirus? If masks don't protect why the legal mandates, store requirements, and social pressure to wear one? Is it just a way for people to feel they can do something in a situation where they are largely helpless, or a way to justify going out in public when they should not because they are restless stuck at home?
    My understanding is that they help somewhat.

For the same reason that coughing into your elbow does not keep you from getting sick. Masks keep the people around you from getting sick, they don’t keep the wearer from getting sick.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    For the same reason that coughing into your elbow does not keep you from getting sick. Masks keep the people around you from getting sick, they don’t keep the wearer from getting sick.
    So if a mask were put on the dying covid patient people could visit him or her in the hospital?

IL, great initial question--you might enjoy this thread I found where others wondered the same:

https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/th...he-snow.21248/

So if a mask were put on the dying covid patient people could visit him or her in the hospital?
    Jeppy,, I think of it this way: hospitals must have higher standards, and do have higher standards, than those of us out in the wild. In fact that they had better have higher standards, I expect that as a hospital patient. There are levels of effectiveness.

Thread Information