Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Please explain this to me

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    No I am definitely an introvert. I’m just a loudmouth on the Internet.
    haha!!! Thank God for the internet, where we introverts can mouth off!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

We are starting to get together outside with 2 other couples all keeping our distance. Itís been a welcome relief. With my husband going back to work next week no reason for me to be totally isolated anymore. I plan to stay out of stores for the most part.

Met the new neighbor today while I was mowing the rental property. No masks on anybody; we didn't figure we'd run into anyone. She stuck out her hand to say hello and, about mid-shake, both of us figured out we were not social distancing. Old habits die hard. We chatted for a couple of minutes and then she went back to moving in and I quietly went back to my place to wash my hands before I resumed mowing the lawn.

This is the third residence move among people I know (well, now that I've met her, I guess) and it has not gotten less odd any time.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    People have been wearing condoms for 40 years, getting regular STD testing, and discussing sexual health history with their partners so that informed consent can happen.

Well, the responsible people.
    I guess all the biological parents in this world for the past four decades are irresponsible, because in order to have a child they weren't using a condom.

Someone seems to be missing Ultralight.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Someone seems to be missing Ultralight.
    haha, yeah, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I guess all the biological parents in this world for the past four decades are irresponsible, because in order to have a child they weren't using a condom.
    Come now....

I am trying again to understand: keyless car ignition starters.

Why are they better again? What distinct advantage does this have over a key?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am trying again to understand: keyless car ignition starters.

Why are they better again? What distinct advantage does this have over a key?
    One less thing for a person to carry?? I don't get it either. Imagine if something went wrong with the various keyless features. I can only imagine how much it would cost to repair.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

What distinct advantage does this have over a key?
    When your hands are full you don't have to dig into your pocket to get a key to open the door. You can permanently leave your key in your purse and not have to dig it out each and every time. When its dark and you are in a sketchy area, you can get into your car quicker rather than fumble with your purse. Just a few advantages. I wou;dn't have paid extra for keyless, but I enjoy the ease.

Except you have to remember where the key actually is. I went with my husband just after I got this car to pick up a nephew at the airport. I like to meet family at security so husband dropped me off and went to remote park until we called him. Except he turned the car off while he was waiting and I still had the key with me in my purse at the airport. Ooops.

Thread Information