Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Please explain this to me

He is an amazing musician; check it out:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyHipL45pwM

This could go in a rant thread.

I cannot find 1 gallon baggies, food baggies, that have no closing tops. I want the kind that you close with a twisty tie.

All I can find now in stores are zipper closures and pinch closure bags.

How much more does it cost to make these stupid closures? I don’t want them.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

I cannot find 1 gallon baggies, food baggies, that have no closing tops. I want the kind that you close with a twisty tie.

I was just thinking today how handy those are, if environmentally taboo.

IL, I will look the next time.

I am sure you dont need 2000 but here they are: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Reli-1-Ga...lear/799326327

Kept searching and found just what you want I think: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Val...Count/11303925

Why does Air b n b software, and apparently Vrbo software, not support a Zip code search?

what is the thinking there, software development peeps?

Seems to me the most logical thing in the world for me, as a user, to make my geographic location search a ZIP Code.

When I type in the name of any town such as Galena, Illinois, I get results that include Dubuque, Iowa. Same experience for Locating accommodations in Portsmouth New Hampshire, I get nearby places, too.

No. I want downtown accommodations in these places, I do not want places I can easily drive from.

I ordered the same book from 2 different places and they both sent me something totally different. The ISBN codes are not even similar! UGH!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I ordered the same book from 2 different places and they both sent me something totally different. The ISBN codes are not even similar! UGH!
    Is there something you want explained to you? That’s what this thread is about.

Why does Air b n b software, and apparently Vrbo software, not support a Zip code search?

what is the thinking there, software development peeps?
    I suspect it is some combination of:

1) many renters having no idea of the ZIP code in the area they're considering (many smaller towns have just one ZIP code, but in a multi-ZIP area, you can't find the right ZIP code without a specific address);

2) an opportunity for AirBnB/VRBO/whoever to charge lodging owners for the privilege of either raising their location's ranking in the search results or offering site user something on the order of "People who liked Galena also like Dubuque"); and

3) developers who've never actually used the software beyond test cases which were handed to them.

tl;dr: Assumptions. Not the best ones.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I suppose you are right Steve.

I am so accustomed to searching the real estate for sale and rental sites with the ZIP Code. So that’s my first go to when I’m doing Airbnb because I want to stay downtown. I do not want to stay in a suburb or on the edge of downtown or god forbid in another town to drive to the town I want to stay in.

I am a capable adult who can broaden my search if, for instance, my first point of searching, a ZIP Code, doesn’t yield any hits.

I’m going to write to Airbnb about this.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 7-8-20 at 3:17pm.

I looked--Amazon has these, natch.

Thread Information