Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Please explain this to me

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Best little car I've ever owned, to date, was a 2000 Plymouth Neon that we literally bought from the little old lady that went to our church. Took it to our mechanic for a once-over before purchasing and they were surprised to see that the front windows were electric and the back windows were crank!
    My 2014 Ford Focus is like that. This is the first time I've heard of another car with this feature!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    My 2014 Ford Focus is like that. This is the first time I've heard of another car with this feature!
    Mine are hand crank, not "no crank" whatever that means!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    That was not terribly uncommon, especially among lower-priced cars. It got "power windows" on the marketing sheets without having the expense of putting motors and switches on all four windows.

I have to say, I like power windows except when I want to leave a window open just a quarter-inch or so to let the interior dry out (melte slush, etc.). Then they're a pain. 90% of the time, though, they're one of the things I never needed until I had them (up there with a garage door opener and central air conditioning).
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Bae, here is the story on infection through the eyes. I saw the story on TV. It is being reported in numerous news outlets.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/14/infect...ough-his-eyes/
    I know I have been MIA for a long time.... But I do read at least once a week with out signing in …
    I have to ask this : Are You Day Drinking ????? I had it out with you awhile ago about the safety of dental X-rays and you were just as obtuse then as you are now possibly worse

[QUOTE=Rogar;352449]Here's a few questions I've pondered.

Why do you saute onions first when they will go into a dish that is going to cook anyway.

Why do celebrities who most likely are well set with millions and millions endorse cheesy products. Like William Shatner, former Commander of the Starship Enterprise promoting CPAP cleaning machines machines, or Joe Namoth selling reverse mortgages, or Alex Trebek and life insurance.

Is forcing some businesses and public areas closed due to CV-19 risk really against the constitution, or is that just something the protesters totally fabricate.[/QUOTE
    ]
    I cant speak about other celebrities but Mr Shanter does have a horse habit and shows his horses... And as a life long horse person who also shows horses … Its a very expensive endeavor. so that might be the reason for his "side hustle" . NFL star Terry Bradshaw is also into horse and showing in the big leagues too and has been in a few commercials too. I have a "side hustle" too but no one is asking me to endorse anything right now
    Or maybe its to keep them occupied so they don't become OCD about their lawns

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
    I know I have been MIA for a long time.... But I do read at least once a week with out signing in …
    I have to ask this : Are You Day Drinking ????? I had it out with you awhile ago about the safety of dental X-rays and you were just as obtuse then as you are now possibly worse
    I guess you missed the forum etiquette sticky that says be polite, positive, friendly, civil and respectful, not hostile or insulting.

Boss, I wondered the same thing about the celebrities. Maybe they keep blowing through all their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I guess you missed the forum etiquette sticky that says be polite, positive, friendly, civil and respectful, not hostile or insulting.
    Here is some classic Steve Martin giving some awesome advice for you ...

https://youtu.be/eMAXuZOw_DY

I would also like the forum to return to "polite, positive, friendly, civil and respectful, not hostile or insulting."

I have always loved Steve Martin. I know he is too silly for some.

Thread Information