Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Please explain this to me

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Please explain this to me. Why does my city say if you don't wear a mask in a municipal building you will be fined $300 but when I report two city employees in city hall not wearing masks they are not fined but just spoken to? Why does a poor person living in public housing where masks are mandated in hallways and other common areas have to pay a fine but the city employees who are the highest paid residents in the city not have to pay?

And why do police reform efforts not tackle cops fixing tickets for themselves and their friends?

Why do governors order mask mandates including outdoors in the woods walking by yourself yet indoors at news conferences take off their own masks so they will look good on TV?

Why are the people who govern us so pathetic?
    See, I did not want this to be a rant thread. I wanted it to be a sincere question thread.

I’m not gonna be the thread police and you can do what you wanna do, but this is not what I want on this thread. These rants are not welcome.

Why don’t you apply your microscopic vision to my question about grapes.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    See, I did not want this to be a rant thread. I wanted it to be a sincere question thread.

I’m not gonna be the thread police and you can do what you wanna do, but this is not what I want on this thread. These rants are not welcome.

Why don’t you apply your microscopic vision to my question about grapes.
    Of course you can put the grapes in a smaller package. I often tear some bananas off rather than take a whole bunch. This only works with things where you are paying by the pound rather than by the container.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Of course you can put the grapes in a smaller package. I often tear some bananas off rather than take a whole bunch. This only works with things where you are paying by the pound rather than by the container.
    Yes! Bannas. I do that with bananas but I was always intimidated by the grapes because the grapes are in their own package.

Once I learned that I really like frozen grapes, it doesn't bother me to buy one of those big bags. Although I confess to looking for one of the smaller ones versus an over-stuffed one.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I open two bags and fill one sometimes to overflowing and take the bag with the amount of grapes I want. That way nothing has to be looked up because the type of grape is on the package.

ETA.. the price is determined at the checkout based on weight so there is no conflict by dividing up bags.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I open two bags and fill one sometimes to overflowing and take the bag with the amount of grapes I want. That way nothing has to be looked up because the type of grape is on the package.

ETA.. the price is determined at the checkout based on weight so there is no conflict by dividing up bags.
    This is a good method. I had not thought about filling up another bag and taking what I want in one of the commercial, barcoded bags.

Did you ever wonder why when birds fly in a V one side is shorter than the other??? Because there are more birds on one side.

Why did Winnie stick his head in the toilet? He was looking for Pooh.

A few sillies I received today....

Why did Winnie stick his head in the toilet? He was looking for Pooh.
    That riddle would make a lot more sense (and be funnier) if you said, "Why did Christopher Robin stick his head in the toilet? He was looking for Pooh."

Not really. And, that is not the way it was presented.

Not really. And, that is not the way it was presented.
    I could say, in the spirit of this thread, “why do people argue over the proper presentation of a joke about poop which is only appropriate for four-year-olds? “. But then I would be going against my own rule that this thread should not be a place to rant.

So, joining into the spirit of the poop joke, gosh which protagonist is better anyway? Christopher Robin or Winnie the Pooh?

Thread Information