Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Planted Veggies this year not flowers, Oh My

Yes Happystuff. I have two other areas similar to this growing other types of veggies. Each year I put in more and I have to chart out what shouldn't be planted together. I also try to keep things the deer enjoy closest to the house. We also have many different varieties of dwarf fruit trees. Most no higher than four feet so I can reach everything. Lots of trial and error. The garden used to be in the middle of the very large lawn which looked fabulous during growing season and horrible over fall, winter and spring. So now everything is up near the house on either side and along the back deck. There are 21 raised beds and many large pots with tomatoes and peppers on the deck. Don't ask me why but my favorite time of the day is early morning and I go out and work in the garden in my PJ's for about an hour. There is always something new to discover.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Yes Happystuff. I have two other areas similar to this growing other types of veggies. Each year I put in more and I have to chart out what shouldn't be planted together. I also try to keep things the deer enjoy closest to the house. We also have many different varieties of dwarf fruit trees. Most no higher than four feet so I can reach everything. Lots of trial and error. The garden used to be in the middle of the very large lawn which looked fabulous during growing season and horrible over fall, winter and spring. So now everything is up near the house on either side and along the back deck. There are 21 raised beds and many large pots with tomatoes and peppers on the deck. Don't ask me why but my favorite time of the day is early morning and I go out and work in the garden in my PJ's for about an hour. There is always something new to discover.
    Wow! That must be a big yard! I'm working slowly... beginning. LOL. If I can get a raised bed in before fall, I'll be happy! I think I'm a "slow and steady" gardener. As I've stated elsewhere, I definitely don't have a green thumb, but seem to be getting lucky this year. LOL. Thanks for sharing!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information