Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CRAZINESS

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I went to the dentist last week to have a temporary crown replaced with the permanent one. They were staggering appointment times so that there were no patients in the waiting room, everyone from receptionists to dental staff were drowning in PPE and one tech appeared to be doing nothing more than sanitizing everything in sight over and over again. I felt good about the visit. My wife then scheduled her teeth cleaning for next week.
    I went to the dentist recently. It just freaked me out! The dentist was outfitted in hazmat gear. What does that tell you?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I went to the dentist last week to have a temporary crown replaced with the permanent one. They were staggering appointment times so that there were no patients in the waiting room, everyone from receptionists to dental staff were drowning in PPE and one tech appeared to be doing nothing more than sanitizing everything in sight over and over again. I felt good about the visit. My wife then scheduled her teeth cleaning for next week.
    The risk is probably more to the hygienists. In NH they are protesting going back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    When I told DH they called, he called them back and made an appointment. Said he needed to have his driver's license renewed and needed the eye test paperwork filled out. It is his decision.
    No extension on deadlines from your DMV?

[QUOTE=Yppej;352613]No extension on deadlines from your DMV?[/QUOTE

Obviously not.

I once had a temporary crown for 3 years because the dentist forgot and then I moved. The new dentist was surprised it lasted that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I once had a temporary crown for 3 years because the dentist forgot and then I moved. The new dentist was surprised it lasted that long.
    When the temporary was installed they asked me how it felt, I told them there was a rough spot on the back side but I could put up with it for the 7 to 10 days it would take to get the permanent one. That turned into 2+ months and I couldn't wait to get rid of the damn thing.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

My dentist has a fancy pants crown making machine. She did the impression and then I came back an hour later to have it put in. (I was working across the street at the time). I donít even want to guess what that 3D printer cost her.

If I ran a dental office Iíd put all my staff in full PPE also. Since social distancing isnt possible all it would take is one infected patient to sicken many staff and other patients.

All of our routine check-ups were cancelled by the providers before I could get around to cancelling. DH and I had annual physicals scheduled for 5/18. I was going to cancel them, but once again, they beat me to it and the appts are now rescheduled for November. They even called to cancel my mammogram, which sort of surprised me.
    Like JP1, I have a mid-June dental appointment I haven't addressed yet. I get my teeth cleaned every 3 months. I am very conscientious about brushing and flossing, so I think I would be fine to skip a visit.

Both DH and I have glaucoma and are on 6 month check ups. Mine was canceled in March and rescheduled for May. In the meantime my doctor retired. I've moved my records over to the office that DH uses and appointments were made for us at the end of this month but I'm a bit leery. They only allow one patient in the office at a time but I'm not sure what other protective measures they are taking. DH was going to call and ask. I'm not sure how I feel about getting a pressure check being nose to nose and having all that equipment laying against my face. On the other hand..... it can't be put off forever and will I feel any more comfortable later or when a possible 2nd wave comes and puts it out even further? Decisions, decisions..

I've been to the clinic quite a few times in the past couple of weeks and it has been fine. Lots of ppe and practices in place to provide people with the most safety. It was actually kind of great because the lab and pharmacy are usually packed and now I just breeze right in and have a nice chat with the lab technicians. I would think grocery shopping is much more hazardous if you just look at the potentials - people touching fruits, veggies, using the same credit card machine, etc. I still do that too, but it surprises me that the labs and pharmacy are as empty as they are. I wish the dentist and optometrist would open up for appointments, I would take care of those too.

Thread Information