Thread: Hacking personal facebook account

Hacking personal facebook account

A few weeks ago I received a call from the HR department at the place I work. They told me someone complained about a sexual message I supposedly sent through my Facebook account. The HR person did an investigation and we discussed it earlier this week. She showed me a sexual image which I won't go into detail on. I had explained that I was obviously hacked since I would never send that type of message to anyone. I certainly never used my FB account to communicate with anyone at work (be they coworkers, students, or clients). It's a personal account. She wrote down notes from our interview regarding this incident. Now she is showing the info to the president of the organization for finalization. I've been kind of worried about it all week, but I should know there is no reason for them to not believe that I was hacked as I have very good standing with that place and have been employed there for 3 1/2 years.

I deleted my FB account weeks ago so that no one else would recieve any hacked messages from "me" (and I was seriously thinking of doing so anyway because FB takes up a lot of a person's time)

Odd first post. Welcome?

Thank you. It is an odd one, but hacking is sadly not that uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher20 View Post
    Thank you. It is an odd one, but hacking is sadly not that uncommon.
    Typically Facebook accounts aren't "hacked" in the traditional sense, rather, people make fake accounts pretending to be someone else, swipe the initial person's friend's lists, and send them messages.

I'd ask my management how the heck they knew it was *my* Facebook account, just from the name attached to it....

Or, did you share your password or have it compromised, and have some bad person send messages from your *actual* account?

It had my name attached to it with the place I work below.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher20 View Post
    It had my name attached to it with the place I work below.
    No way really to respond to that without details and logs. It is perfectly simple to make a fake Facebook account that looks completely real.

Another possibility is getting a trojan on your computer, which allows them access (then they can get on, see your passwords etc.) or replying to a fake email.
    For the last two weeks, I have been getting spam that are attempts to get me to come to some site (with my password info), or download/view a file (trojan, where they can access my computer).
    No idea why.

Thread Information