Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May frugals, in these weird times....

Have been using the clothesline for almost all laundry for about 6 weeks now, and hanging inside when it's been too rainy. DD uses the dryer for some things, but hangs much in the house - her preference. Our furnace has only run on one day since mid-April. Finally got our stimulus check today, so that will go into the house fixing fund. And I've spent $16 in gas this month, and less than $10 last month - which is a far cry from the $175. average per month when I was working!

Yppej
    I went to an adjoining state where malls have opened for some much needed clothing basics with a goal to not exceed $250.00 but only spent $66.50 and remain on track for my monthly budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Have been saving up soap slivers and I also have half a bar I found so when we make laundry soap next time, I will use all that instead of the new bar the recipe calls for. Savings of only 1 dollar, but a moral victory.
    I love the little moral victories! Little things definitely add up. Congrats!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information