Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May frugals, in these weird times....

May frugals, in these weird times....

Just finished a Zoom meeting with our insurance agent. The company has changed the way it writes policies (more ala carte choices). By spending several hours going over line items and looking at policy differences, we are going to save over 1400. a year on farm and auto, AND have more coverage, without changing companies! Time well spent, IMHO!

Wow Early, that is a nice savings!

That’s amazing!

Last summer, I had planted two male ferns in containers flanking the entry to our gazebo. I put them in the ground at the end of the season since they are perennial. The other day, I dug them up and re-planted them in the containers, so that saved me the cost of new plants for those two containers, and I really like the simple, classy look of the ferns.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Last summer, I had planted two male ferns in containers flanking the entry to our gazebo. I put them in the ground at the end of the season since they are perennial. The other day, I dug them up and re-planted them in the containers, so that saved me the cost of new plants for those two containers, and I really like the simple, classy look of the ferns.
    I do something similar with my window box, Rosa, I take the geraniums out and keep them in the window all year and then put them back out for the summer.

We got the new shed up so I was online looking for "accessories" to help keep things organized - in particular a rack for storing long-handled tools. Then I realized I could put a 5 gallon bucket in one corner and stand them up in that! If need be, I'll weigh it down with a brick. Then I started looking at wire "tray" things to hand down from the center ceiling for higher extra storage - realized I could simply use some bungees to hang other things down from the center beam as needed. I think I saved myself about $100 on just not buying those two items.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Requested a refund of the leftover money in my home heating oil account and put it in savings. I am going to try a different company this upcoming season.

Dropped the collision on my auto insurance and even got a refund. Stopped buying things I thought I would have trouble finding in the future. Dropping amazon prime today.

Yppej
    I turned off the heat for the summer, not because I am afraid my HVAC system will spread covid a la Legionnaires' disease, but to save money. If the tomato plants can now survive outside I can make it inside on cool nights.

Have been saving up soap slivers and I also have half a bar I found so when we make laundry soap next time, I will use all that instead of the new bar the recipe calls for. Savings of only 1 dollar, but a moral victory.

Thread Information