Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purging blue jeans

I had several pairs that were a bit too big and stretched a bit too much. Now I'm down to two pairs (LL Bean True Shape). One is a slim-leg in medium blue, the other a kick-boot cut in a darker blue. The kick-boot cut has just a slight flair but not as much as boot-cut. It fits over shoes perfectly. Both pairs have very little stretch and fit me perfectly in "Classic Waist", which sits higher than low-cut but not mom jeans style.

My younger coworkers spend a lot on jeans that are ripped. I feel my age when I just shake my head and think "When I was young, these would have been patched or thrown away". Years from now they'll see how silly they dressed.

I live in jeans, outside of work. Work is very professional in attire. I just counted..I have 16 pairs of jeans...all styles, washes, ripped (natural or otherwise LOL) to non ripped and throw in a pair of overalls for good measure. Jean shorts too, but they have to be on the thinner material side (2 pair). When it's over 90 here in Texas, I appreciate their lightness. I just like a certain feel, style and how I can dress them up or down. I would say my home outfit it jeans or jean shorts, flip flops and a loose t shirt or tank. I have a cruddy pair for cleaning, housework, projects, etc.

I would never wear jeans to work unless it's that 1x a year and it's a "professional" development day. I learned to wear an older pair because we got dunked in water last year! I have seen some work jeans on some ladies on Fridays, but they are too stiff for me. I stick to my Katharine Hepburn style, wider leg dress pants at work.

Happy the pants are Karen Scott sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Happy the pants are Karen Scott sport.
    Thanks, Terry! I will check these out.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

They are so comfortable and look great. I finally remembered to look.

Is there a link? I am finding many Karen Scott pants, capri, draw string, etc, etc.

They have a elastic waist and pockets. I bought them online over a year ago. They are a soft material. Catherine might know.

Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    My younger coworkers spend a lot on jeans that are ripped. I feel my age when I just shake my head and think "When I was young, these would have been patched or thrown away". Years from now they'll see how silly they dressed.
    Those baffle me, too--they're structurally weakened and not artfully done, most of the time. If I felt the need to wear "distressed" jeans, I'd either mend the legitimate ones I have with patches and/or boro stitching, or thrift a likely pair and make an art piece out of them.

I have 2 pairs! One getting thin in the butt and another pair thats nearly brand new.

I have 3 pairs. Black, with spots, and blue. The black and spotted ones actually fit, they cost $1 each at a thrift shop and when I got them home I trashed the older ratty ones. Spotty jeans isn’t my usual thing, but I’m short and pear shaped, so finding jeans that fit is unusual and I grabbed them.

Thread Information