Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Henna

Henna

Okay, one of the personal side effects of the pandemic for me has been that is has been literally turning my hair white. So today I found a jar of blonde henna in the bathroom that I bought a year ago and I tried it. I mixed it with boiling coffee because they said that helps to cover grey and with olive oil, and it was really messy and now I smell like a haybale, but I like how it turned out and it didn't burn or give me an allergic reaction, which hair color does. It also seemed to help the texture.
    It's not quite as white and kind of blended it all together better, I think.

It was cheap, too, about ten dollars for the jar, which will do two applications, and a dollar for the paint brush at dollar store, which I washed and can reuse.
    Last edited by Tybee; 5-19-20 at 6:01am.

Yppej
    Looks good.

It's a gorgeous color! I used to use henna occasionally; it does thicken the hair, as I recall.

Thanks, Yppej! Jane, the color is whole lot better than the white grey mix it was turning into!

It’s been 5 months for me so lots of white. I have a appointment for the 29th. Looking good Tybee!

Thanks, Terry!

I'm disheartened that my hair has evolved into "mouse pelt," but I won't dye it.
    I have a lovely plum-colored wig that I look at fondly every once in awhile.

plum berry jam.jpg

Geila
    Looks great Tybee! I didn't know there was blonde henna. I've used the regular one in the past and liked the fact that it didn't strip the hair like regular dye does. Do you have a before photo? I'd love to see how the color changes because I might want to try it myself. Especially if it helps with the texture, which I find a real challenge with my mostly silver and white hair.

Ooh, I don't think I actually do have a before, that is before the pandemic, as it really has gone white in a very short time, like something out of a horror movie. Before that it was ind of "mouse pelt" like Jane says.

Yeah, when I was in my twenties and used to go a fancy Michigan avenue hair salon, he used blonde henna and then cello- something--it was just a glosser. But I hadn't tried it in 40 years.

Geila
    Tybee - what color was your hair before the pandemic?

Thread Information