Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trying for the first time...

Jane, I make rhubarb sauce with mine. I like the contrast of the sweet & sour. ! C sugar, 3/4C water. Put in a pan and simmer until all the sugar dissolves and it isn't grainy when you stir the bottom with a spoon (takes about 5 minutes or less). Add up to 2C chopped rhubarb. Cook until rhubarb is soft. Done!

For roasted chicken? Roast the chicken and pour over about 1 cup or more of the stuff for the last few minutes or heat and pour over after the bird is cooked. Or, you can just put it on the table and DIY.
    You can't cook with it on the chicken, the sugar would burn I think.

With ice cream? Use as you see fit.

I love making something that uses a perennial food plant, the sweet/sour bit, and the fact that I use this both on an entree and a dessert.
    Last edited by NewGig; 9-8-21 at 6:43pm. Reason: error, clarity

Quote Originally Posted by NewGig View Post
    Jane, I make rhubarb sauce with mine. I like the contrast of the sweet & sour. ! C sugar, 3/4C water. Put in a pan and simmer until all the sugar dissolves and it isn't grainy when you stir the bottom with a spoon (takes about 5 minutes or less). Add up to 2C chopped rhubarb. Cook until rhubarb is soft. Done!

For roasted chicken? Roast the chicken and pour over about 1 cup or more of the stuff for the last few minutes or heat and pour over after the bird is cooked. Or, you can just put it on the table and DIY.
    You can't cook with it on the chicken, the sugar would burn I think.

With ice cream? Use as you see fit.

I love making something that uses a perennial food plant, the sweet/sour bit, and the fact that I use this both on an entree and a dessert.
    If I were inclined to try rhubarb for a third time, I might try something similar to your sauce--but I'm really not.

Jean, do you like gooseberries?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Jean, do you like gooseberries?
    I do like gooseberries. Also currants.

Thread Information