Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone agree with me? (About wearing masks)

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    probably as much Rupert Murdoch as Russia.
    See, I am sitting here in my mountain fortess, and I am going to kick back, relaxed, for 3-15 years, while events sort themselves out and the stupid people kill each other.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I just spent three hours in a nice Zoom conference with the US Navy's Head of Microbiology responsible for biowarfare detection and training, and another fellow who is Harvard Medical Schools Emergency Medicine guru/Mass. General's Head of Emergency Medicine (who only has 250+ peer-reviewed publications), and a lady who is the leading expert on Ebola, and a few other similar idiots, cowards, and fear-mongers. Oddly, all people known to me personally for decades.

Wear a face covering, folks, if you can. And don't listen to the Russian-generated "resist" memes and such that useful...folks...like Yppej pass along.
    Title dropping, a new twist on name dropping? What a dilemma - should such an important person as you don your hazmat suit and work 72 hours straight and be a hero? Or should such an affluent person as you kick back in your mountain fortress for 3 to 15 years?

Maybe you could hide out on the White House bunker and be a hero there. I mean, dismissing the economic concerns of deplorables, or idiots as you call them, is a winning formula, isn't it?

With all the alternatives and varieties available, I would think there is something for everyone with regards to "masking". The people I know with breathing difficulties and/or "mask trauma" now use clear plastic shields covering their entire faces - not constricting their noses or mouths, but covering from the forehead to below the chin. I think they are fabulous alternatives, but base that solely on seeing them in use, not using one. How do these rate, bae?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Title dropping, a new twist on name dropping? What a dilemma - should such an important person as you don your hazmat suit and work 72 hours straight and be a hero? Or should such an affluent person as you kick back in your mountain fortress for 3 to 15 years?

Maybe you could hide out on the White House bunker and be a hero there. I mean, dismissing the economic concerns of deplorables, or idiots as you call them, is a winning formula, isn't it?
    Or you could, as an essential employee, be mandated to stay at work for a month straight!

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Or you could, as an essential employee, be mandated to stay at work for a month straight!
    Since the business is only open 9 hours a day 5 days a week that wouldn't work out, sorry to disappoint you. But I have thought of getting a second job since I've got plenty of time on my hands.

What a dilemma
    I've found that with good scheduling habits and prioritizing, it's not *that* terribly difficult to be Batman. (The 72 hour shifts help too, as you get the rest of the week off to dust the Batcave.)

My context, as was quite explicit, was mask-wearing. You know this. You're just being dishonest again.

And in the context of mask-wearing, of course the White House would seem to be one of the worst places to be...

Wow, you've gone to a whole new level of low.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Wow, you've gone to a whole new level of low.
    In this thread alone I have been called ignorant, delusional, an idiot, a Russian pawn, and dishonest.

Thanks to everyone who does think the government should mandate masks and fine people for not wearing them, but who is able to disagree with me without being disagreeable.

What is going on here is well my grandfather has a poster that said something like: "I've made up my mind, don't confuse me with the facts".

So everyone is exasperated at engaging in this dishonest argumentation, that isn't actually in any sense even interested in facts (I mean we are still arguing over garbage like whether Sweden will have herd immunity soon, when studies show very little of the population has antibodies (if a bunch of new studies show otherwise, well then I might change my mind, but currently), that probably COULD NOT BE CONVINCED BY ANY POSSIBLE evidence and so one is a fool to take the bait except in that it maybe provides info to others, but rather is just in stirring the pot all day long, that borders on trolling, after people are already being stressed out plenty due to well you know a @#$# pandemic going on.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    I have definitely not signed onto the groupthink that there is only one correct way to approach the pandemic, a top down heavy-handed approach. I don't think that makes me delusional. On the other hand if I thought I were Batman I would say I was suffering from delusions of grandeur.

Thread Information