Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone agree with me? (About wearing masks)

Despite having anxiety, being claustrophobic and having breathing issues from asthma/severe allergies I am wearing a mask. I don’t wear things around my neck either as even turtlenecks bothers me. If I start to feel to bad I go outside so I can get in my car and take it off. I trust you Bae considering the company you keep)

Yppej
    No Russian memes for me? I am not on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Wearing masks can trigger trauma:

https://www.altoonamirror.com/news/l...auma-for-some/

I never like anything near my face. I do not wear cowl neck sweaters and even in the dead of winter do not use scarves. I think it goes back to when I was a young child. If my mother thought I was being too noisy in church she would clap her hand across my mouth and I would panic that I would not be able to breathe.

But yeah, if people who don't want to wear a mask, despite its doubtful efficacy, they're inconsiderate, selfish disease spreaders ... according to some judgmental folks.
    I feel bad that you suffer from past trauma when wearing masks, but I would say that the vast majority of non-wearers in cases where masks are mandated are, yes, inconsiderate and selfish. Our local market requires masks. Today a woman walked in without a mask and the owner politely asked her to return to the car and put on a mask. The woman continued shopping and the owner had to again ask her to put on a mask. So the woman left in a huff but returned with the mask. Why couldn't she simply have been compliant at the outset?

Last year when my husband was diagnosed with metapneumonitis, all the health care providers put masks on when entering the room. I had to wear a mask. Were they stupid?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I just spent three hours in a nice Zoom conference with the US Navy's Head of Microbiology responsible for biowarfare detection and training, and another fellow who is Harvard Medical Schools Emergency Medicine guru/Mass. General's Head of Emergency Medicine (who only has 250+ peer-reviewed publications), and a lady who is the leading expert on Ebola, and a few other similar idiots, cowards, and fear-mongers. Oddly, all people known to me personally for decades.

Wear a face covering, folks, if you can. And don't listen to the Russian-generated "resist" memes and such that useful...folks...like Yppej pass along.
    Oh I would loved to hear that conference! I miss IP meetings. I could listen to our state epidemiologist all day long. The work and information fascinates me!

I don't open my car door until my mask is in place. And I am a well-trained IP practitioner.

No Russian memes for me? I am not on social media.
    Oddly, you don't have to be on social media to get infected with the disinformation.

Yppej
    Oddly, you don't have to be on social media to get infected with the disinformation.
    Oddly, you don't need any connection with Russia to be a victim of McCarthyism.

Claustrophobia/trauma are real. And the benefit of masks is real. Both things can be real at the same time.

Oddly, you don't need any connection with Russia to be a victim of McCarthyism.
    Hilarious. And proving my point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

Hilarious. And proving my point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot
    LOL

probably as much Rupert Murdoch as Russia.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information