Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone agree with me? (About wearing masks)

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    You don't even know what you don't know.
    I've posted a link before by a doctor, which notes that cloth masks not only don't block covid particles, which are small, but give people a false sense of security so they don't social distance. Are you a doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I've posted a link before by a doctor, which notes that cloth masks not only don't block covid particles, which are small, but give people a false sense of security so they don't social distance. Are you a doctor?
    What’s next? Are you going to start telling people that coughing into their elbow is pointless virtue signaling and that we all might as well just cough in people’s faces?

OP question - I agree. I would hate to think that I was the cause of or added to causes of another person's death because I didn't/wouldn't do something as simple as wear a mask.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    OP question - I agree. I would hate to think that I was the cause of or added to causes of another person's death because I didn't/wouldn't do something as simple as wear a mask.
    Me, too. So I wear a mask.

But I am troubled by the mask as signaling anything to someone else--yesterday went went out and I wore a mask and because of my breathing issues, got sick and had to go home and spend rest of day in bed. Although our signs say, "mask required unless you have breathing issues etc." I was afraid to take the mask off, even when I was in distress, because I feared the kind of angry, negative reaction that some people display towards those not wearing a mask.

So Rob, my reaction is wear the mask because it supposedly helps, but don't read into the actions of others, and don't go vigilante on people who are not wearing masks. If that answers your question at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Me, too. So I wear a mask.

But I am troubled by the mask as signaling anything to someone else--yesterday went went out and I wore a mask and because of my breathing issues, got sick and had to go home and spend rest of day in bed. Although our signs say, "mask required unless you have breathing issues etc." I was afraid to take the mask off, even when I was in distress, because I feared the kind of angry, negative reaction that some people display towards those not wearing a mask.
    Yes, I definitely feel the social pressure. Throughout this thing I track the # of people walking into our little supermarket with/without masks.. it wavered from a slight majority earlier on and now trending to a slight minority of people wearing "recommended" masks. There are places in town though that mandate wearing masks to enter the store.

I wear a mask for many of the same reasons people have mentioned: Why not--I've seen the pee analogy, and it makes sense to me.

https://www.truthorfiction.com/wear-...-analogy-meme/
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    And I've posted several times that the kind of mask and the kind of filter (HEPA is good) determine the effectiveness of your mask. And masking is just one tool in your pandemic shed. If you have breathing issues, you might try a protective shield. More options become available all the time. I agree there are several advantages to wearing a mask, including likely protection during cold and flu season.

This question and other threads around the forum have me thinking about this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tXzlVjU1xs

It really is pretty simple, "it's how we treat each other - nothing more".

Have a good day and a kind day, everyone.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I personally see wearing a mask in public as a sign of emotional maturity - let me explain. To me, wearing a mask signifies that the wearer understands that it's not all about them and that their actions do indeed impact others. Anyone agree? Or disagree? Rob
    Absolutely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    You don't even know what you don't know.
    Oh Bae, educating Y is beyond reality. The delusion is strong with this one

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    This question and other threads around the forum have me thinking about this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tXzlVjU1xs

It really is pretty simple, "it's how we treat each other - nothing more".

Have a good day and a kind day, everyone.
    Beautiful song, happystuff, and so true!

Thread Information