Thread: Shut Up Already

Yppej

Shut Up Already

I saw on the news a demonstration of spray coming out of people's mouths. It happened when they spoke. It looked to me like 1) covering a person's nose with a mask doesn't accomplish anything and 2) if people gestured, passed notes, etc instead if speaking it would be better, because even masks don't stop the miniscule covid particles. Even before seeing this when at work I have tried to not face people when I talk to them. I will say hello just after passing them in the hall, or ask a question while looking at my computer screen. Have you altered your speech patterns, or shut up in certain situations?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I saw on the news a demonstration of spray coming out of people's mouths. It happened when they spoke. It looked to me like 1) covering a person's nose with a mask doesn't accomplish anything and 2) if people gestured, passed notes, etc instead if speaking it would be better, because even masks don't stop the miniscule covid particles. Even before seeing this when at work I have tried to not face people when I talk to them. I will say hello just after passing them in the hall, or ask a question while looking at my computer screen. Have you altered your speech patterns, or shut up in certain situations?
    I am a spit talker when I am animated about my topic.I admit it! So yes I am very aware of it. I don’t consciously stand close to anyone these days.

I have started turning my head when I pass people, even though I'm wearing a mask. I figure it can't hurt and it may help.

At the hospital we all wear masks. We try to stay 6 feet apart but often can’t. We wash our hands a lot. The vast majority of us have not gotten covid in spite of having several dozen patients with it.

Simple things as noted above actually help. Nothing is 100%.

I find it a waste of my time and emotional energy to worry about all the what if’s.

I saw on the news a demonstration of spray coming out of people's mouths. It happened when they spoke.
    Tell us more about viral loads, persistence of suspended particulates in indoor environments, HVAC systems, droplet generation from speech, and so on....

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Tell us more about viral loads, persistence of suspended particulates in indoor environments, HVAC systems, droplet generation from speech, and so on....
    i already responded to you yesterday in another thread. Weren't you going to change your settings so you wouldn't see my posts? It seems you are commenting on them more than ever.

i already responded to you yesterday in another thread. Weren't you going to change your settings so you wouldn't see my posts? It seems you are commenting on them more than ever.
    I adjusted my settings on how much weight to give your opinions, that's all.

Eye roll.

do you think we could lure the dog person back. They'd be hopelessly stuck arguing something ridiculous, but a this point I'd gladly here about the perils of dating a non-minimalist etc.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    do you think we could lure the dog person back. They'd be hopelessly stuck arguing something ridiculous, but a this point I'd gladly here about the perils of dating a non-minimalist etc.
    touche'

Thread Information