Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: And the science says...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

And the science says...

Wear a mask in public indoor spaces. If infected people (or potentially infected people, which is ALL of us) largely wear masks, the spread of this disease will be significantly reduced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhQw7vLNsDA

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Wear a mask in public indoor spaces. If infected people (or potentially infected people, which is ALL of us) largely wear masks, the spread of this disease will be significantly reduced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhQw7vLNsDA
    hoo boy, another thread in which we can squabble about masks. ‘Cause we need that.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    hoo boy, another thread in which we can squabble about masks. ‘Cause we need that.
    Indeed. Because at least one of our members won’t want to hear science that doesn’t comport with their hatred of masks. Bummer for them.

Indeed. Because at least one of our members won’t want to hear science that doesn’t comport with their hatred of masks. Bummer for them.
    So, is this thread to keep her from having to read about science and masks? Or is it to focus on science and masks so that she would come over and read it from other threads? Or? pray tell, what is the purpose of a separate thread about the eternal topic of masks.

Are you still a big fan of Dr Campbell? In his most recent video he talks about a peer reviewed independent study from Europe that was done very thoroughly and found a very high rate of myocarditis from Covid vaccine. Maybe myocarditis is not serious in most cases, but who here would voluntarily sign up for that?

I remember one of the vaccine leery physicians on Joe Rogan explaining more than a year ago, maybe it was two years ago, that the myocarditis suspected as tied to Covid vaccine may not be terribly serious in the average person, but in professional athletes who are stressing their bodies to the max, it can kill.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cd_RTf...1wYmVsbA%3D%3D

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Are you still a big fan of Dr Campbell? In his most recent video he talks about a peer reviewed independent study from Europe that was done very thoroughly and found a very high rate of myocarditis from Covid vaccine. Maybe myocarditis is not serious in most cases, but who here would voluntarily sign up for that?

I remember one of the vaccine leery physicians on Joe Rogan explaining more than a year ago, maybe it was two years ago, that the myocarditis suspected as tied to Covid vaccine may not be terribly serious in the average person, but in professional athletes who are stressing their bodies to the max, it can kill.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cd_RTf...1wYmVsbA%3D%3D
    I do still follow him. And yes, I saw that video last week. I agree that it's a concern but I also noted that people's numbers return to normal fairly quickly and that no one suffered an adverse event as a result. As such I will take the new version of the vaccine when it comes out this fall since I view the risks of severe covid to be worse than the risk of myocarditis from the vaccine. Since I still haven't had covid, at least as far as I know, I have no idea what sort of experience it would be for me. I will continue to do things like get vaccinated yearly and wear masks in crowded indoor spaces like airplanes and on transit and try to maintain my covid virginity as long as possible. That won't likely last forever since I do go to meetings for work and to restaurants with people for work, etc, but I'd rather keep the odds in my favor as much as possible without shutting my life down completely.

I suppose I can’t stop the ‘I hate science’ crowd from infecting this thread with nonsense. But my main point was not to goad stupid responses but instead to share one of my favorite YouTube people who shares facts about covid in his videos.

Jp, I read if everyone wears a mask infection rates go down by 80%. Sounds good to me.

Yppej
    When my son was little and he and later I had chickenpox I was told to stay home with pay. It worked for me. One coworker was upset though. He said, "I wish you had come in and I could bring my kids around you so they could catch it. It's better to get it when you're younger and get immunity, because when you're older it's more severe."

Along those lines, if masks really do stop covid, then maybe all the young people partying at places like Lake of the Ozarks are doing us a favor. They are a low risk group helping develop herd immunity for more vulnerable populations, and catching the disease, currently with a mortality rate similar to the flu (when you factor in the asyptomatic people) before it possibly mutates into a more virulent form. The immunity would likely last through a mutation, just as having had cowpox protected against other poxes. Maybe we should be applauding those brave people willing to risk getting covid for the greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    When my son was little and he and later I had chickenpox I was told to stay home with pay. It worked for me. One coworker was upset though. He said, "I wish you had come in and I could bring my kids around you so they could catch it. It's better to get it when you're younger and get immunity, because when you're older it's more severe."

Along those lines, if masks really do stop covid, then maybe all the young people partying at places like Lake of the Ozarks are doing us a favor. They are a low risk group helping develop herd immunity for more vulnerable populations, and catching the disease, currently with a mortality rate similar to the flu (when you factor in the asyptomatic people) before it possibly mutates into a more virulent form. The immunity would likely last through a mutation, just as having had cowpox protected against other poxes. Maybe we should be applauding those brave people willing to risk getting covid for the greater good.
    Here is the "her" we are all referring to.... with a stupid response.

Thread Information