Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: And the science says...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    If nothing else, it's a good reminder that science is never settled and hardly ever a good basis for bullying and demeaning others.

As a matter of fact, science often doesn't agree with itself on subjects such as this. The CDC says the shingles vaccine provides protection for 7 years without qualifiers, yet the Cleveland Clinic says it may only provide protection for 4 years if you're older (70 or above). https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...ingles-vaccine

I'm now on the cusp of 70 and received both doses of the vaccine several years ago upon recommendation of my PC physician who told me it would provide lifetime protection. I wonder if it's still active?
    Thanks dad. I’ll try to keep that in mind next time I’m interacting with losers who think that the months they spent learning about virology made them experts. But most of them have moved on to experts in renewable energy so it may not be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    If nothing else, it's a good reminder that science is never settled and hardly ever a good basis for bullying and demeaning others.

As a matter of fact, science often doesn't agree with itself on subjects such as this. The CDC says the shingles vaccine provides protection for 7 years without qualifiers, yet the Cleveland Clinic says it may only provide protection for 4 years if you're older (70 or above). https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...ingles-vaccine
    “There is no such thing as consensus science. If it’s consensus, it isn’t science. If it’s science, it isn’t consensus. Period.”—Michael Crichton

"Science advances one funeral at a time."--Max Planck

Thread Information