Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: And the science says...

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    What are you even trying to say? ...............Help me understand.
    Nothing really other than I think it's possible to lead a fairly normal life during this pandemic without putting others at great risk and that not every person attempting to do so is an irresponsible jerk.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Here’s a chance for our educators on mask wearing to weigh in according to “the science” of the CDC.

The situation: Someone on Nextdoor is complaining that the pharmacy staff at my grocery store are not wearing masks. This pharmacy, inside the store, has a plexiglass screen in front of anyone who interacts with the general public.

A volley of voices are castigating pharmacy staff.

I looked up CDC recommendations for pharmacy staff. Link is below. What do you say about our pharmacy staff at my grocery Store, right or wrong?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/pharmacies.html

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Here’s a chance for our educators on mask wearing to weigh in according to “the science” of the CDC.

The situation: Someone on Nextdoor is complaining that the pharmacy staff at my grocery store are not wearing masks. This pharmacy, inside the store, has a plexiglass screen in front of anyone who interacts with the general public.

A volley of voices are castigating pharmacy staff.

I looked up CDC recommendations for pharmacy staff. Link is below. What do you say about our pharmacy staff at my grocery Store, right or wrong?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/pharmacies.html
    I am disappointed that they are not wearing masks. They are part of the healthcare team and the CDC says we should all be wearing a mask. The plexiglass shield is not 100% barrier as meds need to be passed and payment received. Not to mention that there is not plexiglass between them and all the product they touch in the pharmacy prepping scripts for customers.

Ours are wearing masks. Between the masks and plexiglass I am having trouble hearing. I didn’t realize how much we depend on reading lips. The younger woman waiting on me said she is having the same problem and we laughed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I am disappointed that they are not wearing masks. They are part of the healthcare team and the CDC says we should all be wearing a mask. The plexiglass shield is not 100% barrier as meds need to be passed and payment received. Not to mention that there is not plexiglass between them and all the product they touch in the pharmacy prepping scripts for customers.
    On Nextdoor an anti-mask person took one of the last paragraphs of the CDC guidelines and twisted it around to say they need not wear masks. I had to read the thing three times before I figured out guidelines were talking about the specific situation where a pharmacist is close up within inches and treating a patient, and in that case they must use a respirator or a full PPE. There is a sentence in the last paragraph saying pharm staff should not use a cloth mask, but that means Do not use a cloth mask in place of PPE or respirator.

Also, I have to assume that the CDC means by “facemask “a proper PPE face mask and when they say “cloth mask” they do not mean PPE equipment.

"Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians should always wear a facemask while they are in the pharmacy for source control."

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    "Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians should always wear a facemask while they are in the pharmacy for source control."
    Yes, that part was clearly stated. The Nextdoor Someone twisted a paragraph Near the end to make it sound as though it was in conflict with this clearly stated directive.I didn’t understand that there’s someone was not discussing these directives in good faith, so I thought that last paragraph appeared to be in conflict until I read it carefully.

Is “source control” a member of the public in this context?Or the mask wearer? Maybe both maybe it doesn’t matter.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Yes, that part was clearly stated. The Nextdoor Someone twisted a paragraph Near the end to make it sound as though it was in conflict with this clearly stated directive.I didn’t understand that there’s someone was not discussing these directives in good faith, so I thought that last paragraph appeared to be in conflict until I read it carefully.

Is “source control” a member of the public in this context?Or the mask wearer? Maybe both maybe it doesn’t matter.
    Source control is the humanoid wearing the mask. Anyone is a potential source of Covid. In this case, they are talking about the pharmacy worker behind the plexiglas, who is tasked with wearing a mask for source control.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Source control is the humanoid wearing the mask. Anyone is a potential source of Covid. In this case, they are talking about the pharmacy worker behind the plexiglas, who is tasked with wearing a mask for source control.
    thanks!

Thread Information