Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: And the science says...

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    DH had to go to the eye doc today. Guy ahead of him did not bring a mask. They told him to leave. He said he thought they would provide it. Said they ran out 2 days ago and told him to bring his own. He didn't, so he had to leave.
    Sigh.............good for them!

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Really???
    Yes, it is true I don't like masks, but there are people who do. My 79 year old mother went to 5 different stores today. The mask is her license to not socially distance. Or should I say her license to kill (herself)? She has underlying conditions too. Believe me, she is loving the whole mask orthodoxy. She can do what she wants with the perfect excuse "but I wore a mask."

Thankfully I only know one person acting like your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    She can do what she wants with the perfect excuse "but I wore a mask."
    Then her understanding of science is quite precious.

Yes, it is true I don't like masks, but there are people who do. My 79 year old mother went to 5 different stores today. The mask is her license to not socially distance. Or should I say her license to kill (herself)? She has underlying conditions too. Believe me, she is loving the whole mask orthodoxy. She can do what she wants with the perfect excuse "but I wore a mask."
    Look back and see how many time you posted this same information. Having senior moments???

Yppej
    Look back and see how many time you posted this same information. Having senior moments???
    This is new information. She has really picked up the shopping pace, which you will see if you read my previous posts.

This is new information. She has really picked up the shopping pace, which you will see if you read my previous posts.
    Time to move on to other topics. Your mother is going to do what she wants to do.

We certainly can’t control others. Waste of time trying.

I hope for your mother's sake that most everyone else is also wearing a mask. It's so frustrating watching a few of the people I care deeply about do things that seem obviously unsafe. I can't even imagine how much worse I would be feeling if one of those people was my parent. I've stopped asking SO about my MIL because the responses stress me out. She lives with two of her daughters who can't work from home (one works at Costco) and the household routinely socializes with third daughter and family, (including SO's 22 year old nephew), who live a couple miles away. SO's nephew isn't taking this terribly seriously and since he's in MIL's orbit she's at risk. I just hope that nephew's mom still has enough control over nephew to keep him from doing stupid crap like going to Lake of the Ozarks (they live in St Louis) this past weekend.

Time to move on to other topics. Your mother is going to do what she wants to do.
    I agree that Yppej can't control her mother's actions. And I also agree that Yppej makes it tough for others to have empathy for her situation by taking a somewhat combative posture from time to time. But I still hope that Yppej's mother gets through this without getting infected and I will feel terribly sad for Yppej if things don't work out well for her mom. The heartbreak of a dead parent is not made any less heartbreaky if it was due to irresponsible actions by that parent.

Thread Information