Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ways To Protect Yourself and Others from Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Don't forget that I'm also home by myself!
    I didn't forget. I wish for you, a pal who will have you over for a 5 hour chat! I felt so bad for my friend. Hub works long days but I'm grateful for 2-3h each night when we can visit or do something together.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I didn't forget. I wish for you, a pal who will have you over for a 5 hour chat! I felt so bad for my friend. Hub works long days but I'm grateful for 2-3h each night when we can visit or do something together.
    I get to chat with people when I'm diving, in between dives. We social distance and just sit with our snacks, etc. between dives while we yak.

I remembered too Tradd. I just think it’s harder on really old people.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I remembered too Tradd. I just think it’s harder on really old people.
    I'm glad I'm not that old yet!

Yppej
    Lower your blood pressure. A study out of Wuhan reported on today shows those with high blood pressure have twice the risk of dying of covid. Most people can make lifestyle changes and/or take medications to control HBP. The study showed the meds do help despite earlier concerns they would act as a pathway for corona particles.

Vitamin D supplementation is also a good idea. Research is supporting that also.

Change your blood type. For instance I have a good blood type, but some have type A blood types that are more likely to catch it and more likely to end up on oxygen and ventilators. They choose the wrong DNA. Sucks to be them.

Also don't be poor. Don't be a minority. Sucks to be them.

Yea I think this thread is about the most ridiculous ever (okay there is a lot of competition in the covid category). More nonsense so people can pretend there aren't people who just die from this thing out of pure bad luck. So people can continue with some just world hypothesis in the middle of a pandemic that doesn't care about their just world.

-----

I've bought a blood pressure device, fairly normal (the thing is oftentimes doctors only real worry at 140/90 and up, but they keep adjusting normal down just to get everyone on pills, and the reality about blood pressure is it jumps around a great deal - there are times it's in the 130s over 80s so I could worry if I wanted, there are times it's 108 over 60 something, way low, and yes I believe I have a decent device).

I bought a blood sugar device - normal, not remotely high, well within normal range. every-time I've tested so far, fasting or eating. I don't have blood sugar problems to begin with, just we're supposed to be paranoid that some health problem we didn't even know we had could kill us, when combined with covid apparently. So I test this and that and run a regular doctors office out of my living room or something. And of course I have an oximeter too. If I ever meet the virus I will present it my certificate of good health and it will know not to trouble me. Oh wait you mean it doesn't actually work like that?

I don't take vitamin D because I go out in the sun instead. I sunbathe sometimes (not excessively, I'm after vitamin D, not skin cancer).
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    Thank you for the tip on vitamin D Tammy. I've been doing a lot of yard work (not much else I can do) so I have that covered. I am also working on modifying my diet so I can lose weight since obesity is a risk factor for covid, even though I'm not obese only overweight. Many people myself included now have the time we previously may not have had to work on lifestyle changes. I do feel badly for those like many nursing home residents who can't and are sitting or lying down bedridden ducks.

I think there are always some changes we can make to help us be more resistant to disease. In gardening, it is the weaker, sicker plants that the bugs attack. So in organic gardening, you concentrate on building up the health of the soil and the plant instead of killing the invader pest.

I was doing well with my blood pressure but took it last night and it was up a little, so back to the drawing board on that. We have pulse oximeter and blood pressure cuff and use them to monitor our bodies. Both of us have COPD and husband fights against high blood pressure. I love having tools that tell us where we are at, and give us something to work with. Was taking Vitamin D but am out in the sun all the time now but will start taking it again.

As far as protecting other people, we follow the law and do what we are supposed to do and we are very solitary anyway so that isn't an issue.

For my own mental health, I have stopped worrying about the current coronavirus and stopped reading about it and stopped caring what people say on the boards--it has brought out so much unpleasantness and so much high school mentality bullying. I sure don't need to take that kind of bad energy into my mind or my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    For my own mental health, I have stopped worrying about the current coronavirus and stopped reading about it and stopped caring what people say on the boards--it has brought out so much unpleasantness and so much high school mentality bullying. I sure don't need to take that kind of bad energy into my mind or my heart.
    I agree. I wonder why it seems to be bringing the nastiness, meanness, and selfishness out in some people? So sad.

Still hoping everyone stays safe and healthy.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information