Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ways To Protect Yourself and Others from Coronavirus

Yppej

Ways To Protect Yourself and Others from Coronavirus

Here is a list I came up with:

If you must be near sick people, e.g. if you are a healthcare provider, wear full PPE.

Everyone else:

1. Do not travel by air.
    2. Stay home in general.
    3. If you venture out stay 6 feet or more away from other people.
    4. If other people get in your space keep your mouth shut and do not talk to them.
    5. If others approach you get away. If you are around them less than 15 contiguous minutes that is best.
    6. Use contactless forms of payment.
    7. If you are sick do not go out even for essentials.
    8. Especially if you are at high risk have things delivered to you.
    9. Improve your lifestyle. Stop smoking. If you are obese lose weight. Diet and exercise to lower your blood pressure. Do not let yourself become stressed and work yourself into a tizzy because of what other forum posters say. Meditate or do whatever else is necessary to stay calm.
    10. Breathe deeply of fresh, clean air, not air filtered through a mask for hours and contaminated on the inside with whatever germs have been in your mouth.

Yppej,

That list looks good, but I would add a couple of points:
    Wash hands with soap and warm water for a 20 second scrub.
    Use telephone/internet for frequent contact with people, to reduce the sense of isolation.
    Wear a mask and gloves when away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Here is a list I came up with:

If you must be near sick people, e.g. if you are a healthcare provider, wear full PPE.

Everyone else:

1. Do not travel by air.
    2. Stay home in general.
    3. If you venture out stay 6 feet or more away from other people.
    4. If other people get in your space keep your mouth shut and do not talk to them.
    5. If others approach you get away. If you are around them less than 15 contiguous minutes that is best.
    6. Use contactless forms of payment.
    7. If you are sick do not go out even for essentials.
    8. Especially if you are at high risk have things delivered to you.
    9. Improve your lifestyle. Stop smoking. If you are obese lose weight. Diet and exercise to lower your blood pressure. Do not let yourself become stressed and work yourself into a tizzy because of what other forum posters say. Meditate or do whatever else is necessary to stay calm.
    10. Breathe deeply of fresh, clean air, not air filtered through a mask for hours and contaminated on the inside with whatever germs have been in your mouth.
    Got it. No handwashing or masks as these are ineffective. I see you're refusing to listen to science......still

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Got it. No handwashing or masks as these are ineffective. I see you're refusing to listen to science......still
    My parents were in healthcare services. I used to tell them “I don’t believe in the germ theory” just to poke them. It always got a rise.

Do not let yourself become stressed and work yourself into a tizzy because of what other forum posters say.
    you could just do us all a favor and stop posting instead.

What even was the point of this tread? It's useful when people who know something we may not have heard about coronavirus post, it really is. But this ain't it.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thank you for the list, Yppej. I think number 10 is especially important, and doable now that we are into summer where we live. We seemed to skip spring entirely, although it is supposed to get down to 35 tomorrow night. But we are out in the fresh air as much as we can be now.

Good old-fashioned ice cream social time.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Good old-fashioned ice cream social time.
    or, a newfangled tech device:” ignore” settings

breathing clean air struck me as radically undoable. The economy is nowhere near shut down enough for that. I'd have to move to Vermont. Clean air .... pfft.
    Trees don't grow on money

I do most of the things on the list as habit now. However, DH and I were walking through our neighborhood park when out of nowhere a man approached us and asked DH to take a photo of him and his family. I hate to admit it but I was not comfortable with that but DH happily grabbed the guy's phone and snapped a pic. So bizarre to have to think through simple actions these days.

Thread Information