Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Annoyed by the pandemic.....

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I have to say I am not seeing kindness or any of the above. It is very depressing.
    Well, then I count myself lucky. But, whether I see it or not, it is what I am trying to do anyway. I hope, but don't expect it from anyone else, and I do expect kindness from myself. For me, it's actually a pretty easy choice - be nice or don't be nice. I keep trying to choose nice.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I'm on a FB Nurse group-it is happening across the country. So sad.
    How sad.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    you would think I would be cynical by now, in some ways I am, I think I like to pretend I am cynical.

And yet if I am REALLY so cynical why do I keep retaining the capacity to be genuinely shocked again and again and how bad it all is? By every administration (I am not by any means saying they are all equally bad, but faith in basic human goodness is a long time dying), by every step. Maybe I'll reach cynical someday, maybe my cynicism wasn't broad enough, had sharp limits, and needed to be a lot broader. I think that's a lot of it.
    ANM: There is some quote about a cynic being a disappointed idealist. That is how you strike me, based on my admittedly limited knowledge of you.

Thread Information