Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoyed by the pandemic.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Annoyed by the pandemic.....

Without going into detail - I'm very annoyed by the pandemic. SO and I would like to be in Minneapolis protesting right now - but can't wisely do so due to travel risk. It could be said that if there were no pandemic, we'd be working and unable to go - true enough - but it still bites anyway.

I have so so so much respect for the activists on the ground and do dislike myself a bit for not being there. This time truly feels different - I believe there will permanent consequences going forward. We'll see. Rob

Yppej
    Their mayor seems to get it from clips I see.

Why do you think I call it "that stupid plague."

It's interfered with my diving, which has me VERY peeved! I lost two months of practice for my big diving class this year due to the local quarry not opening until June 1 (usually would open the beginning of April).

Yppej
    I cancelled my vacation which was supposed to be this week. The only states that want me are too far away for a one week road trip. My governor will not let outdoor attractions open but did authorize haircuts because he wanted one himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Why do you think I call it "that stupid plague."

It's interfered with my diving, which has me VERY peeved! I lost two months of practice for my big diving class this year due to the local quarry not opening until June 1 (usually would open the beginning of April).
    Fair enough, Tradd. I get it. Diving is very important to you - as is activism for me. Each to their own, no? This pandemic sucks for us all in some way. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Their mayor seems to get it from clips I see.
    Agreed 100 percent. I have so much respect for Mayor Frey and for the Hennepin County's DA Office. Rob

Me too. We celebrate our anniversary every 5 years traveling to a new location for 2 weeks. We were flying into Calgary and visiting Banff, Jasper and Glacier NPs. (Seeing all NPs is on our goal list).

Our 40th anniversary trip is cancelled.

Gardnr,

As one who has dipped a steel cup into a rocky stream in Glacier Park, and hiked onward, I hope the trip you were planning for your 40th is only delayed...
    Be Well.

Rob, I am sure those cops will be prosecuted. We cancelled our trip to Europe for a month in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Me too. We celebrate our anniversary every 5 years traveling to a new location for 2 weeks. We were flying into Calgary and visiting Banff, Jasper and Glacier NPs. (Seeing all NPs is on our goal list).

Our 40th anniversary trip is cancelled.
    That bites. FWIW, Gadnr, I'm sorry. Rob

Thread Information