Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoyed by the pandemic.....

I am sorry for all of us in first world problem land where we have had to cancel our anniversary trips or trips to Europe etc. The day my dog died in January I came home and, while crying, poked around travel information for Estonia. Sad but happy, that’s me.

The hardest part of Euro trip planning was trying to identify a 2 to 3 week window where
    i didn’t have flower show obligations taking place. I must’ve given up because I didn’t have anything even remotely in mind for the calendar. Just as well given the mess we have now.

Unfortunately we have non refundable plane tickets but if they cancel or make significant changes to the itinerary we get our money back. The hotels are canceled as we weren’t charged yet.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am sorry for all of us in first world problem land where we have had to cancel our anniversary trips or trips to Europe etc.
    First world problem for sure. I've cancelled 2 other trips during this shelter-in-place as well. This is my first year of retirement and I was really celebrating this year as we rarely spend money. My birthday concert was completely cancelled-they say someday we'll get that refund. My other 2 concerts were postponed to October.

So yes, very disappointing for me. Hell, at this point, I'd be feeling super spoiled just to safely sit in a restaurant and have a meal served. Soonish?

I was supposed to be at my college reunion on the East Coast last week, then in Europe this week with my daughter for a few weeks, then we were both coming back here for the summer. A road trip to Santa Fe during the summer for the opera season.

College reunion turned out to be a Webex event.

Trip to Europe with daughter is now frequent Skype sessions.

Opera season cancelled.

I'll be lucky to see my daughter this year, she's stuck in the UK for the duration.

Stupid virus.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    That bites. FWIW, Gadnr, I'm sorry. Rob
    Thanks Rob.

Stupid virus doesn’t realize we all have important plans)

I drove over to the east coast of Florida today, West Palm and Pompano Beach. Only takeout restaurants so that was annoying, but I bought a boat. Now I need to set up a delivery.

And my dock and lift are not scheduled to be built for a while because the motors for the lift are made in Ohio. And due to the virus the plant was shut down, I don’t know if they are back in business or not. It could be July .

Yppej
    Rob have you heard about the Klobuchar connection?

https://www.mintpressnews.com/chief-...-floyd/267933/

I think I am more annoyed at the responses of some folks to the virus than to the virus, itself. But, while there are a lot of negative things happening, there are soooo many positives - kindnesses, caring, helping, compassion, sympathy, sharing, etc. that are also happening. I'm grateful to see so much of the good, and I truly hope it is the good that continues on from all this.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I hope justice will be done in Minneapolis and everyplace where these outrages continue to occur. But hope is such a toothless emotion...

My friends' plans for Maui, several parties, and a blowout fiftieth birthday have been dashed, but all of us have our health--more or less--and supplies, and no one is an essential worker, so we can hunker down indefinitely, for which I am grateful. (Thank heavens for ebooks, Zoom, home delivery, etc.) For those of you with more complicated lives, this really has been a siege.

Thread Information