Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoyed by the pandemic.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Rob have you heard about the Klobuchar connection?

https://www.mintpressnews.com/chief-...-floyd/267933/
    If Biden is smart, there goes her shot at being VP.....Rob

My mini-college reunion in June was cancelled.
    My daughter's wedding was downsized dramatically. To be honest, neither she nor I am disappointed. Saves us a ton of money and a ton of work, and under the circumstances our families can't complain that they weren't invited.

I have a high school reunion in September.. I'm fairly optimistic that it will occur, but probably few travelers from out of state will come.

Other than that, yes, first world "problems"--I'm happy just hanging out here. I had no travel plans, and my work travel has shut down completely and I'm far from upset about that.

I am most peeved by the unfortunate consequences of the pandemic on local businesses. Our lakeside island wedding venue is closing its doors after 22 years. All their weddings were cancelled. My son still hasn't heard from his boss, who bought the restaurant 4 weeks before everything shut down. Talk about bad timing! I fear this is just the beginning.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

One of our reasons for simple living is that it has afforded us the ability to indulge in our love of travel. We had a three week trip planned in September to the east coast starting in Cape Cod for a week and then up to the Canadian Maritimes. Started my cancelations a couple of days ago. Very glad I always get travel insurance even though you have to jump through a few hoops to file a claim. A few of the hotels were supposedly non-refundable but I've been able to get refunds in the past and have fingers crossed for now. Got my air fare refunded today even though initially they wanted to give a voucher.
    Was reading that RV rentals have gone up 650%. It was already a bit crowded out there so I can't imagine what it will be like. Sales have spiked as well. In the past few weeks we have had people drive by and approach us in the yard asking to buy our Minnie Winnie. We wouldn't even try to take it out until next fall when all has settled down.

If Biden is smart? Good grief, Rob, look at what you just wrote. Smart is not how I would describe him these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    If Biden is smart? Good grief, Rob, look at what you just wrote. Smart is not how I would describe him these days.
    oh come now, Joe Biden as the presumptive heir to the throne has all kinds of advisors surrounding him who will steer him correctly on this decision. I mean that sincerely.

Choice of vice presidential candidate is not one he has to make out there in front of a microphone speaking on his own without obvious handlers propping him up.

That is what I cling to, Iris Lilies, that he is deciding nothing by himself, and he has a good ear piece.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    oh come now, Joe Biden as the presumptive heir to the throne has all kinds of advisors surrounding him who will steer him correctly on this decision. I mean that sincerely.

Choice of vice presidential candidate is not one he has to make out there in front of a microphone speaking on his own without obvious handlers propping him up.
    Yes! Unlike 45, he will talk with and listen to his advisors. He will read speeches and not go off on a tangent. I'm hopeful!!!!!

Don’t worry about Klobuchar. I heard that when he sniffed her hair it smelled like salad dressing.
    Last edited by LDAHL; 5-28-20 at 2:31pm.

For those of us who are older we don’t know how many good years we have left to travel and that both will remain healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    For those of us who are older we don’t know how many good years we have left to travel and that both will remain healthy.
    Well, I am figuring that I just need to start my United States land travel earlier than I had anticipated. I still wanted at least one more trip to Europe and possibly an Asian trip although I’m beginning to doubt that latter one more and more.

Thread Information