radishes

from the barn:
    goat cheese
    hard boiled egg

from the store:
    cherry tomatoes
    fresh ground pepper
    balsamic vinegar

Must be very satisfying to be able to make nearly an entire meal from your own place!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Our beautiful spinach salads that we’ve been eating for weeks are coming to an end as we head into hot weather. We have lettuces coming on but I am less fond of them.

Gardeners like to detail all the things on their table that they produce them selves and we do that here as well. At one time our family farm produced our meats but that’s no longer the case although now we buy from nearby farmers.

The best salad I had last week was: spinach, green onions, radishes, all grown by DH, with hard boiled egg, bacon bits from real bacon from the farm. We have not sourced local eggs yet so we’re still buying them from the store, but I think we may be changing to local produce eggs at some point.

A salad spinner, you say???

Seriously, I use my salad spinner as a part-time colander in addition to its intended purpose. CL, that sounds like a really tasty salad and all-homegrown should make it a treat. I should make a salad for dinner....
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Love to hear about others' garden outputs. I would like an herb garden with holy basil and other things.

Since I discovered a source for Trader Vic's Javanese dressing, I've been having lovely salads myself.

Chicken lady!

Sounds wonderful!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I have lentil soup in the IP, but we're having thunderstorms, and the news just reported widespread power outages. So fingers crossed.

Lunch was one extra large potato, one onion, some sad celery remains from the drawer, one carrot, two slices of bacon fried , and a cup of milk and a cup of water to make a soup that essentially became lunch snack and dinner.

Thread Information