Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel guilty but.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how did Twitter link a newly created account to white nationalists? The story didn't say and it seems to me that in the absence of someone identifying themselves in their profile or sharing an IP or email address with someone who had, the claim would be hard to verify.

I'm not implying that the story lacks credibility but learned long ago to question accusations read on the internet.
    I don't pretend to understand how this is derived. Hubster who has multiple certifications in cybersecurity says it is quite easy to figure it out.

I find the property destruction disgusting. We didn’t need a curfew last night. The rioters are usually different people than the protesters. I hope they identify and arrest the people committing crimes and not the people exercising their right to protest. IL do you have insurance on the little house that was burned?

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I don't pretend to understand how this is derived. Hubster who has multiple certifications in cybersecurity says it is quite easy to figure it out.
    Yes it is, as an example I could easily trace the IP address you posted from back to a specific city and internet service provider and with the help of that ISP it could be traced back to your household or business if it were a commercial account. I was just curious to know how far Twitter goes to identify its users and their associations or if assumptions are made in lieu of that.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I find the property destruction disgusting. We didn’t need a curfew last night. The rioters are usually different people than the protesters. I hope they identify and arrest the people committing crimes and not the people exercising their right to protest. IL do you have insurance on the little house that was burned?
    Campbell House is not my house. Something on that property was set afire.It is one of 10 entities reciving assets from my estate when I die, so it is important to me.

Insurance. Not even a consideration. It would never be rebuilt, could never be rebuilt, not even remotely. I’m sure there’s some kind of insurance on Campbell House structures though.

There certainly seems to be no shortage of Reichstag Fire theories circulating. Neither the Antifa Or White Supremacy camps strike me as having the numbers or organizational capabilities needed to orchestrate what they’ve been accused of.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    How do you know they are not committed by collective identities?
    Because collective identities are insubstantial mental constructs incapable of pulling triggers or looting stores in the physical world. At best, they are used by people in the real world to justify or excuse their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    There certainly seems to be no shortage of Reichstag Fire theories circulating. Neither the Antifa Or White Supremacy camps strike me as having the numbers or organizational capabilities needed to orchestrate what they’ve been accused of.
    You'd be surprised how few it takes and we have no idea how many groups are out there across the country. I'm aware of 2 small groups in the PNW: Northern Idaho and Eastern Oregon.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Good news! The roofer down the street who has been furloughed told me that he heard charges are coming for the other three sociopathic officers who aided and abbetted the cold blooded murder of George Floyd by standing by and doing nothing. Thank God! And if they are acquitted? I'd say have a plan for fleeing as America is going to burn, baby, burn. I would not be surprised to see Minneapolis to be a solid sheet of flame if any of these officers is not imprisoned. America has had it's fill. Thank God! Rob

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Because collective identities are insubstantial mental constructs incapable of pulling triggers or looting stores in the physical world. At best, they are used by people in the real world to justify or excuse their actions.
    Speak English. What are you saying?

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I'd say have a plan for fleeing as America is going to burn, baby, burn.
    Or have a plan to stay, and help your family, friends, and community.

Thread Information